Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An introductions forum.

Options
  • 24-07-2003 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hello there. Having just signed up I was looking for a forum where I could introduce myself and post a bit about myself but I couldn't really seem to find out. How about if a new one was made and as soon as someone has signed up they get redirected to the forum and it becomes a subscribed forum until they've posted about 25 messages? Just a thought.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The newbie Faq is there, maybe is people were automaticly subscribet to that, although being subbed does not make much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

Well newbie faq doesn't really sound like a place to introduce yourself and say hello and it's also a bit tucked away. Maybe if it was renamed newbie central or new members forum and moved to a more prominent location it'd get more custom? Thanks for the feedback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Buy a Subscribers pack. Get a journal and you can blab away until your hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think that's a great idea - auto subscribe all newly registered accounts to the Newbie FAQ forum -

/me calls RE-GI!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

What about auto-forwarding though? You gotta be forceful in these matters ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Maybe send a basic FAQ in the welcome mail when a new member account is created.

Advertisement