Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden to play The Point

• 24-07-2003 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

24/07/2003 UK Tour announcement

Iron Maiden are currently in the middle of their ‘Give Me Ed… ‘Til I’m Dead’ world tour, on which they will play to over 800,000 fans in Europe and North America. The DANCE OF DEATH WORLD TOUR will start in Europe in mid-October getting to the UK in December with North, South and Central America and Japan and the Far East early next year.

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale Wednesday 30th July:

December 2003
    Mon 1st - Dublin - The Point
    Wed 3rd - Newcastle - Telewest Arena
    Thu 4th - Nottingham - Arena
    Sat 6th - Sheffield - Arena
    Mon 8th - Glasgow - SECC
    Tue 9th - Manchester - MEN Arena
    Fri 12th - London - Earls Court Arena
    Mon 15th - Cardiff - Arena
    Tue 16th - Birmingham - NEC

Special arrangements for fanclub members to buy tickets will be announced very shortly - watch this space.

The album ‘Dance Of Death’ is released on 8th September.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

All I really know by them is "Fear of the dark" but I think I'll give them a go anyway :)

Dregin
    P.S. I love pointing out that Dublin isn't in the UK ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

all i can say is..........

YEAAHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

I've heard they put on brilliant concerts!

I just checked ticketmaster.ie and there's no mention of on-sale date for the tickets.
    The Irish tickets will probably be released for sale later than UK then I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

did I not hear something about them burning a tricolour on stage years ago??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by s8n

yup, but now that they are in the legendary status and have 3 lead guitarists you can't knock them!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

Originally posted by s8n

Hmm? Didn't they say the same about UB40 ? ..or was it Richie Kavana...

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maiden in Ireland?

I think I've just come...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I heard the same about Paul Weller, who actually adressed it in an interview on his website. Sounds like another urban myth to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

yup, but now that they are in the legendary status and have 3 lead guitarists you can't knock them!!

boycott I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

HOLY RELIGION!

Iron Maiden are the greatest band in the world.
    i would gladly give my right testicle to see them!
    no details on ticketmaster.co.uk though, or on thepoint.ie, however i am coinfident.......omg iron maiden!!!

• Advertisement

Someone's right testicle, anyway. Plenty of them about, no sense in wasting a good one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

aaa, good old maiden :)

They were the first gig I ever went to
    back in 1990, blew me away and got me rockin.

I dont do much metal now but I gotta seem agian, they put on a mental show - real performers (and eddie)

This burning the flag is a load of paff.

Who and what it was was years ago Megadeath were doing a gig in the North and Dave Mustaine
    opened his big arse mouth and voiceing his opinions bout the whole situation up there.
    Needless to say his opinions were not grounded on knowlage and nither side of the divide liked it very much and Davey boy got the poo scared out of hime and I dont think they ever played there agian.

So now you know:)

Tickets on sale the 16th. Ten days from now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Tix already onsale on ticketbastard site - Never trust a ticketmaster onsale date!

Price 39.5-43.5

Seems I can't trust the website either. Just have to reserve them over the phone or something. I swear, if I'm unable to go to this because of Ticketmaster screwing up the dates or the tickets, there will be blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Tell me about it, i bought tickets for download festival a few ago, and they never arrived.
    I got my money back eventually, but i missed seeing Maiden and the Deftones, if it happens again i'm going to go on some sort ticketmaster employee genocide.
    W@nkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

any idea whos doing support? or is it just going to be maiden?
    the ticket says nothing about support just "iron maiden" but the Papa Roach ticket was the same and they had 2 support acts.
    omg omg, imagin it was In Flames....or better yet : The Darkness!!!

so any ideas on support?

Tbh I wouldn't care if I had to deal with an hour of Daniel O'Donnel to see Maiden live...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

heard a rumour that...wait for it.................Sonata Arctica are supporting!......couldnt be no way that would actually kill people with talent

I'm off to Galway to buy my ticket(s) tomorrow morning.

Hopefully a small group of friends will be able to organise a minibus to Dublin.

/me is very excited:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

got 2 tickets from ticket master on Friday:D

wrraaaak

/me is holding his ticket this very minute.:D :D:D:D

Advertisement