Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Tansformers ruled!!! And the old power rangers toys. They were big robots that joined to form bigger robots!!! Not the new toys. Theyre crap. And those lego train sets, and the derailing thereof.
    And fire. I had many a good time with fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

One of my friends gave me one of those trolls for my birthday.
    It scared me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Ahhh Alex My friend, you make me laugh. I can just picture you shivering in a corner at the painful memories.. And Happy, why didnt you tell me you were also a pyronmaniac? I nearly had to be strapped to my seat during X-men, gazing adoringly at pyro.. not cos hes fine (cos hes ugly) but because FIRE IS THE BOMB (no pun intended) Its hot, frisky and fun.. I love fire.... I loved birthdays.. they meant candles.. and candles meant fire.. ooooooohh fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I be a pyromaniac as well. I LOVE FIRE! It's just so...fiery. Anyone want to go set various things on fire with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

My mam was scared for a while because when I was a kid, in the evening while everyone else was watching tv, I used to sit at the table with a candle in front of me burning various objects just to see them burn. She thought I was gonna end up setting my school on fire or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I remember when i was young i once missed my favourite tv show 'cause i was breaking hardened wax off a candle then melting it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I remember putting my Barbies into plastic cups filled with water and putting them in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

I used to get a candle and use it to light and re-light matches after I'd blown them out until the whole room was like a hot-box. Now I'm a smoker......how very unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I remember i put our poker into the fire and walked off. 20 minutes later i came back and took it out and the end was drooping over like a wilting metal flower. I took it outside and hammered the point over some more. i now use it as a back scratcher. My parents were unpleased to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Huph, fire, how simplistic.

What was really fun was chemistry! I got a chemistry set at age 8, those were the days. I put holes in desks, carpets, floors. Gased a wasps hive, kida sucessful, was more liquid than gas. Sticky petrolium gel (thats what I called it, well jelly, but I never ate any), was proably my favourate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i played lego and technic all day every day until i got my first pc. I never played with action men r any sort of action figures, and i dont think lego men count :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

I couldnt use those science kit thingies.. they were too much for me to fathom.. and I would sometimes sit and watch My bro use his kits and concotions and make wee explosions and the like, but most of the time I couldnt because we would beat eachother up so much (*cough*harmlessfun*cough*) that she usually kept us away from eachother when we were aged 5-9. Lol. Apparently we were a danger to eachother...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Siblings, a danger to one another, get away. Never.

My poor sister sports two scars, from our fights as kids (ages 4-8, she was 3-7), and I once shot her in the head with a shot that rochetted 3 times with an airgun. But she kicked me a good few times in the crotch, so we are equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Alaronshannara

Anyone else here remember the Starcom toys? They were a complete american-cold-war thing with the virtuous blue and white good guys and the black and red bad guys, but political brainwashing aside, they were fantastic toys!
    The figures all had magnets on their feet, and there were metal strips everywhere so they could stick on! And all the ships and vehicles transformed in some way and they were all mechanical, so batteries weren't required; closing them up into their compact forms wound them up for their transformation sequence! They most inspired toys of all time.. proof that war breeds some of the most amazing solutions to life's problems, such as ADHD children!
    I played with other things in between games with Starcom; toy cars, transformer toys and 'rock lords', and one of the first non-tape-memory personal computers to emerge on the market, known affectionately and condecendingly as a 'BBC'. It used an early text based interface and struggled with the concept of resolution higher than 360X400.
    I also, of course, played with Lego. It probably looks like all the smart kids are using Lego, but I'd like to see a cross section of all demographic groups and their childhood preferences before I passed judgement. It does look suspiciously frequent among us brainy folk however, this Lego fetish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

methinks we should have a ctyi lego poll.......see if there really is a connection :)

Advertisement