Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Electron

Options
  • 25-07-2003 10:11am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the last few months over here, I've been using the Visa Electron debit card that Barclays gave me. It also functions as an ATM card. I've found it dead handy, most shops I've been to take it, the charges are small (only a surcharge if the amount is less than a tenner, I think) and I can only spend money I actually have.

Online, not many people take them, but Amazon do. This suits me as Amazon are the only people I'd be buying off regularly.

I'm moving back to Ireland on the weekend. Does any bank do these or anywhere support them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Standard VISA from AIB does the exact same thing.

I dont even bother with a normal cash card now, just use the VISA for ATM and purchases in shop/online.

Be prepared though for c. 18% apr though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

None of the Irish banks issue Visa Electron/Delta debit cards :mad:

Shame really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Oh so this electron is a beast unto itself.

Sounds interesting, what are its features?

Advertisement