Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recived modem .. line activated??? (IOL BB)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Just curious?? When i plug my 56k modem into the splitter under the "dsl socket" on it and the phone in the phone one.. and I connect to the internet via my 56k modem.. I still can.. and when I pick up the phone i can here the 56k modem dialing?? Would this mean my filter isnt working.. or that there isnt anything to filter there yet so the dsl socket just acts as a normal one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm supposed to be connected to netsource in the coming week .. how do you know when they have activated the line?, is there white noise or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

dont hold your breath for if they tell you its active, i asked the girl on the phone just there to confirm whether my line is activated or not, "i'm afraid i cant access that information sir" this is bull****. i want my ****ing broadband. i signed up for this in the 2nd week of may. (i think you have as well adren? if not before even?) if this isn't active by 6pm tonight (end of working day) bill murphy'll be hearing again from yours truly, and if its not sorted within 3 days i'll be cancelling and looking for somewhere else. i mean, christ! there's being taken for a ride, and there's being taken for a ride, fisted, and dropped on your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

-ADREN- I just checked the properties, it says it's using ISDN channel PPPoE RFC1483. Strange, it still works though. Thanks for the IE help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Thanks sarn m8.. thats fine so.. nothing rong with my installation.. must just be the way they use it i guess the ISDN Channel thing is right.. and I guess im playing the waiting game.. yet again.. for my line to be activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I dont have DSL but since its a Dedicated (Subscriber) Line you shouldnt have to dial at all to connect. ie windows should do it all when it starts up so that once your pc is on your connected (baring any errors such as modem not being on/failure). Similar to connecting to a LAN.

Regarding the pop u box when you open Internet explorer i'm not sure if selecting IOL BB as default will work as if your not connected then you can't 'dial up'. Just set it to never dial a connection.

Sorry i can't be more help but i suggest not waisting too much time on it till your connections been activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

the problem is knowing whether the lines are activated or not as the support are getting paid to sit there and repeat "yes sir, it's active" or "i'm sorry sir, i dont have access to that information",

i wish i got paid to do that!!

Advertisement