Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Nelis - Reveal (The Darkness)

• 25-07-2003 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

heres something new ive been working on recently, as some of you who are on cdc may possibly know ive stopped making dance music for the time being to focus on more experimental stuff in order to (i hope) improve my production techniques. the first project im working on, called reveal, is an experiment in atmosphere

below is the link to the first in the series, the darkness. i hope to have the second part, the light, up very soon

Peter Nelis - Reveal (The Darkness)

peoples feedback is very very important to me regarding this project as i want to make sure that ive captured the moods im looking for

anyone expecting, or wanting a dance track please dont bother with the download unless youre gonna be remotely interested in hearing an electronic composition with nothin to do with dance

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

If its feed back your lookin for then:

I dont know why but it doesn't seem to achieve what i expected of it. For some reason its not 'dark' enough. I'm not sure what your aiming for with it but thats my first reaction to it.
    The 'intro' seems a bit too long.
    Overall it seems a bit bare, it just seems like there is something missing from it.
    I think the wind like effect could be toned down a little and maybe be present for most of the piece.
    An underlying almost hidden voice thrown in here and there might be nice just for the chill effect.

I have no backround in music production in any shape of form this is just my opinion.
    I'd also like to know what exactly you have in mind for the piece. I like it tho and of course fairplay for making it, its tough work id say.

/edit maybe also if you threw in a fat base line some rolling symbals and a big breakdown you could turn it into a serious toon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

reveal the darkness is more a piece trying to capture paranoia than actual darkness, its basically a mindf*ck of a piece than an actual track

the intro is that long coz i wanted it to kick in when its not expected, again to increase the paranoid feeling to the track

regarding the bassline and the beats, thats not what i was trying to acchieve with the track. im more working on the ambience thing at the moment, its more soundtrack material than anything else. i suppose its more a personal expression of the feeling of paranoia than anything else

maybe the next part of the project, reveal the light, might be more your thing. its 95bpm as opposed to 1bpm which reveal the darkness is, plus it has a little bit more melody and is more uplifting after a slightly dark intro

regarding it maybe missing something, i wanted it as minimal as possible for the feeling of paranoia, ie youre waiting for something that doesnt happen

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its quite different from the stuff you been makin helix.. you seem to be totally moving away from dance, not making dance tunes anymore.. leaving gigs early/not going? whats up? you stil djing at all even?
    ps, I'll be haggling you in a few weeks for some techno vinyl to get a loan off yea? :D

not really djing at the moment either lenny

only tunes ive bought in the last while have been electro, and thats just for personal interest, dont think id be bothered payin it out

joy wants to put some of my tunes on his new mix cd and i decided not to send him the tracks on cd so he cant

just gonna move away from dance for a while

its stagnation has gotten to me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

electro = good **** ;)
    Would you not make money out of the tunes he'd put on his mix cd?
    and I'm sure he could download some of them and survive on the quality :p
    you have many techno vinyl?
    btw what mixer you got

• Advertisement

yeh i would be makin a few bob out of it, the downlaods are only 128k, hed need at least 320k mp3s for them to sound decent on a mix cd

dont have a load of vinyl full stop, sold a load a few weeks ago

mixer is a piece of **** numark dm3002x

Why did you sell them and how much did yea flog em off for?
    would have been intrested... :/

needed the money, think i charged €3 a pop

Advertisement