Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Live settings for T610

• 25-07-2003 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Has anyone purchased a Sony Ericsson T610 and correctly configured it for Vodafone GPRS and Vodafone live settings? I'm considering buying one on import as I can't wait any longer for Vodafone to offer it as their list of approved mobile phones. UK Vodafone have been selling it for quite a while now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The Vodafone settings are listed in the sticky at the top of the Wireless page.

You're better off buying it online, not from Vodafone anyways. The custisation is over the top, really bad. Logo's & links everywhere. It's the same over in England with Vodafone UK.
    UK Vodafone have been selling it for quite a while now
    Vodafone UK, along with other OpCo's, went ahead and approved the notoriously bugged version. Would you have preferred Vodafone Ireland to approved the T610 only for it to be a pain in the ear to use? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest, it is unlikely that you will be able to access the Live menu from any handset other than the 7650, GX10 and GD87. They restrict access to the menu based on what model handset you are accessing it from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i used to have a big problem with waiting months for the operators to approve new handsets for the markets.

i now work in mobile internet/wap and do wap testing/support all day. some operators do no testing at all and just expect the phones to work

amena in spain bought and then sold on 15000 siemens phone's with very old software that had serious problems, but instead of fixing the phone's they blamed the gateway.......... idiots!!!!!!

Its strange, Vodafone seem to be overly picky about this. No doubt it has it merits however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Would you have preferred Vodafone Ireland to approved the T610 only for it to be a pain in the ear to use? ;)

SonyEricsson have solved the hissing problem for a few weeks now - do you know what's holding it up with Vodafone IRL now?

tia,
    BrianG

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I was not given the specific details, all I was told was that it failed a number of different tests. If the P800 was anything to go by, I am guessing it was to do with MMS.. thats just a guess unfortunately.

I will see if I can get anything more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

DubW - Yeah, S/E dispatched some new T610 units to all the operators a few weeks ago. The hissing sound has been *completely* removed. The current bug is to do with Vodafone Live!, it's nothing major though. Should be in the shops sometime in August (fingers crossed :)).

Are you actually thinking of buying a Vodafone branded T610? Haven't I spread enough bad press about the customisations? :D

I would prefer to buy the anti Vodafone model myself... Depends what sort of price differences there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hey,

If you order from www.sonyericsson.com/uk, the T610 works out at about €360 incl. postage, which I'd say may be about the same as buying it from Vodafone in the future with a contract. (Although it has to be said that O2 are still asking a ludicrous price for the T68i. (€400+ ??) so perhaps the t610 without contract is cheaper ?) And of course you don't get the customization, and have the freedom of moving between networks if you wish. I know where I'm spending my money..

Anyone would swear I get comission from recommending that website...

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Are you actually thinking of buying a Vodafone branded T610?

my word no :)

was curious if the problem was still due to the handset or if it was down to specific operator services - like it would probably have been released at this stage if it hadn't been a Live! handset?

thanks for the info,
    BrianG

• Advertisement

I would be inclined to go with Live/MMS being the culprit.... EVIL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I'm definitely going to purchase the phone on-line as opposed to be locked in a contract for 12 months with Vodafone. Mobilefun.co.uk are doing a good deal for 245 Sterling. Works out about 350 EURO which is pretty good for a sim-free phone. I'm not too worried about the customization of vodafone live - just to be able to access the main page and ensure that all the GPRS settings are working correctly.

Advertisement