Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cd player for car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Why don't you bring it back to who fitted it? They should have wired it properly in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Nice one man.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They already had it wired red-yellow etc. It doesnt' work the other way around, so now it's wired red from car to both yellow and red in stereo and everything is fine.

Thanks louie for the help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

byte, on the Corsa, do you have the new stereo connected to the central dash display to show the radio data, not just the date, and if not, does anyone know how?

byte

Originally posted by DMC
    byte, on the Corsa, do you have the new stereo connected to the central dash display to show the radio data, not just the date, and if not, does anyone know how?

Damo, the central dash display just shows time/date/temp. It doesnt' show radio data. Not sure if it's possible, but I wouldn't think so except with radios that were made specifically for Opel/Vauxhall cars. Maybe louie can help on that one. I prefer the central display to stay as it is showing date and time. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by byte
    They already had it wired red-yellow etc. It doesnt' work the other way around, so now it's wired red from car to both yellow and red in stereo and everything is fine.

Thanks louie for the help. :)

Check the fuses.

Originally posted by DMC

Is called Display adaptor leads, but as far as I know they are only available for Sony.

byte

Originally posted by louie
    Check the fuses.

Don't need to now. Everything is working great! :)

thanx

For those who have ordered from incarexpress.co.uk ....

Did you fill out the form there online, or did you contact them via the phone, as they said for orders outside of the UK?

Cheers,

Damo.

• Advertisement

Oh I know, thanks Louie, I'm just wondering did anyone just chance their arm completing the order online, rather than having to make a phone call. :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I got some info on that score. When you order online, use IRELAND as the postcode and then send an e-mail to their sales team, telling them you accept the higher delivery charge for Ireland (£15). If you don't send the e-mail it will delay the order as they will have to get back to you to get your permission for the higher charge.

Nice one LFCfan. I'm going for the Kenwood mentioned earlier in the thread, but in grey. :D

And said device arrived this morning. Not bad at all. Now to wire it... :)

Originally posted by DMC
    Nice one LFCfan. I'm going for the Kenwood mentioned earlier in the thread, but in grey. :D

SNAP!! How long did it take to get to ya from ordering DMC?

I ordered it Thursday evening, confirmation Friday afternoon, arrived today. Not bad at all.

Originally posted by DMC
    I ordered it Thursday evening, confirmation Friday afternoon, arrived today. Not bad at all.

Yeah, that's pretty good! I ordered mine this morning. With a bit of luck I'll have it by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

i put in order for the £100 sterling panasonic cd/mp3 player off incarexpress and was wondering how is it delivered. is it by courier or an post, as i want someone to be at home to collect it. it says it will be dispatched today so roughly when should i expect to get it.
    cheer dc

It was sent via ParcelForce in the UK, and picked up by SDS (An Post) here, and delivered to the door. If you are not there when the postman arrives, he'll drop a note in the door saying go to the local post office or Sorting office to get it.

I'd say you'll have it Tuesday.

DMC. (wubs his Kenny) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

mayto,
    which model u ordered and did u get it, if yes then hos is it working now..

div

• Advertisement

Mine arrived 48 hours after ordering it. I got the grey Kenwood. Great piece of kit, very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ordered the Panasonic CQ-RDP383 , not here yet. hopefully tomorrow or wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

Originally posted by DMC
    It was sent via ParcelForce in the UK, and picked up by SDS (An Post) here, and delivered to the door. If you are not there when the postman arrives, he'll drop a note in the door saying go to the local post office or Sorting office to get it.

I'd say you'll have it Tuesday.

DMC. (wubs his Kenny) :D

Thinking about getting the same model, how much was the total euro amount, & how difficult was it to wire?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

.got panasonic 383 this morning for 167 including delivery and looks good. cant get my old tape player out of car so cant wire it yet. its a philips tape/radio unit in a 98 almera. dont have proper extractor but used paper clips into 4 front holes and got the unit out about 2 inches.but then it wont come out any more. is there a screw in the back as the manual for it mentions holding it in? and how do i get it out the whole way? when i detatch front panel facia it says security and there is a star shaped screw,which you need special screwdriver , does this do anything?

No problems wiring it, have a look further up this thread where wiring was discussed, you might have to swap yellow and red, depending on the vechicle, but there are connectors on the wires themselves to swap around, easy peasy.

It came, with the exchange rate as it was, a notch under €200, still a hundred less than the price of it in Argos. :D:D

I got this system and I've installed it but for some reason it won't hold it's memory. The yellow wire that is supposed to give it continuous power is connected ok but it loses it's memory anyway. When I put the old stereo back it works fine and keeps it's memory. Any idea what could be wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

Swap the red wire with the Yellow wire as the permanent power on your car comes on the red one, or check the fuses.

Originally posted by lucian
    Swap the red wire with the Yellow wire as the permanent power on your car comes on the red one, or check the fuses.

The Stereo works perfectly apart from not holding it's memory. Also, how can I swap wires if they are part of a Universal Connector thingamajig? Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

The red wire and the yellow wire should have bullet connectors in the middle.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by lucian
    The red wire and the yellow wire should have bullet connectors in the middle.

I take it it's alright to just yank these apart then? I'll give it a go when I get home. Thanks man!

Advertisement