Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea offers 100 Mill. for Raul

• 25-07-2003 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Today it has been confirmed by Rauls Agent and Real Madrid, that Chelsea made a 100 Million Cash offer for Raul. They offer Raul 12 Million Euro a Year (cash after taxes).

Real are currently considering the offer.

Would be quite a deal !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Well according to soccernet it ain't going to happen.

The phrase 'Raul turned Chelsea down flat saying he would never leave Real Madrid for the Stamford Bridge outfit' seems to be fairly emphatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hey Hairy at least it stops all the threads being about Manyoo :P

Must be a slow news day when they're rolling out the "Chelsea have bid for X player" stories :p

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ranieri laughed off the Raul bid, today he said it will be Ronaldo LOL.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its a lot of money to turn down. Real must be tempted. Who would they go after to replace him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

They're offering him €12 million per year in wages [double his current wages] .... he'd be made not to accept .... it's all down to Real accepting the bid now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why are people still talkin bout this? real and raul both said theyre not interested in the offer

therefore its a non-starter

therefore stop talkin bout it as if its gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

he'd be mad not to accept

I agree but it is such an obscene amount of money you would have to have doubts about the validity of the story. Roll on the new season it looks like there is going to be stronger compertition this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I could be wrong, but I think Real placed a buyout clause of €125million on his head. Its probably down to the fact that he is the equivalent of a Spanish David Beckham when it comes to shifting merchandise, excluding his football skills of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Raul's agent says he wont go unless they offer 180 million.

HE AINT WORTH IT!!!

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

the buy out clause is 200m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Yeah sorry I meant pounds not euro. Duff for 17 million seem like pittance in comparison and Kewell for 5 million seems like pure robbery.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

100 mill hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Raul wont go, and to "the muppet" they have a couple of realy good prospects in the youth system, plus a decent subs bench (em, Morientes anyone?)....

But Chelsea wont get him, he grew up in Madrid, and made it through the system (after the Athletico Madrid youth system collapsed) to play for (In my opinion) the best soccer club in the world, so leaving family, life-long friends and the most talented group of soccer-based individuals would be quite tough, especialy to play for a soccer team that hasn't any european or domestic success in quite a long time. But rumours are rumours, I mean Chelsea were rumoured to go for Henry, they were interested in a long line of midfielders and defenders... Plus I dont think for Chelsea signing a whole super squad in ONE summer is a good idea.... the rumoured players are all talented, have success and look the part, but they will need time to gel, and they also need to be careful with their current stock of players, after all one miserable player at the club could make everyone unhappy... but exciting times for chelsea, but they have a good strike force with Gud and Hasslebank, they just need better service, which is where Duff can do well

Advertisement