Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB not compatible with Macintosh

Options
  • 25-07-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

IOL BB sent me out the zyxel 630m-11 modem and after hours of investigation on why it would'nt work, I found out from them that the makers have not written the correct drivers for macintosh yet.

To say that I was pissed off is an understatement. I have demanded that they send me out a compatible modem but god knows how long that'll take.

Christ!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Serves you right for having a mac ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

i'm really not helping am I? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i would send them daily e-mails until they supply compatible hardware. I am the proud owner of 2 macs (an origional imac and a newer faster one). Thankfull my BB is fully ethernet compatible, meanig it works on everything that supportsd tcp/ip and has an ethernet card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

You should have said poo to their modem and got yourself an dsl modem/router. That way you wouldn't have to worry about software drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by ksl19
    I have demanded that they send me out a compatible modem but god knows how long that'll take
    Don't hold your breath. Getting a free modem is a perk, not a requirement of an ISP. You're gonna have to buy your own ethernet modem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

hope this helps

http://www.zyxel.com/support/download.php

go to DSL CE in

Select product category
    Product Category

Then

in the
    Select model name
    Model name

Field

enter: Prestige 630-11

it will load up.. then look for the mac drivers.. it ses 'new' there hope the are more compatable..

Gluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

KSL - I got the same modem from UTV and I'm using a Power Mac ( OSX 10.2.6).

It works for me (albeit VERY slowly in the evenings :mad: )

Advertisement