Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-fi hotspots (public)

• 25-07-2003 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey...
    Anyone know of any wi-fi hotspots around Dublin? i know O2 have a few fancy hotels wired and I just found out that The Front Lounge and Globe (George's Street) are running free trials at the moment...
    Anyone know of any others around Dublin? (Or anywhere else?)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.irishwan.org / www.dublinwan.org / www.irishwan.org/board

Check www.vbnets.com - on the cost of setting up a Hot Spot.
    And you will see how much of a complete rip off the ESAT ones are. (Any commercial entity that lets their toilets to be used without charging can afford to give WiFi internet acces...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

esat are a rip off

i couldn't agree more, it's a big argument in some parts of the states, britain and now france
    (which is supposeed to be the leader for wi-fi hotspots) - there's ALOT of ppl sharing their bandwidth for public access and neighbours etc..

I mean in some places it makes sense, much to the annoyance of companies that want to cash in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Relkcew

Thanks, Cap'n!

I hadn't seen these. They're excellent references.

Can't comment on the Esat "BT" (cheers, lads) thing, don't know enough about it.

I only found one hotel, The Leixlip House Hotel, which is offering free wi-fi access (albeit to its guests).

Surely there are more Bryant Park (NYC)-style hotspots arounf the Dublin area though...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Davenport hotel, Merrion Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Relkcew

Davenport? You sure about that? Hadn't head of that one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

I've used the Davenport - ask at the desk for a free 24 hour scratch card.

If it's full, try the Alexander across the street, they've got it too.

NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

o2 have one in the shelbourne hotel also

Advertisement