Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory bandwidth

• 25-07-2003 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just got some new OCZ Pc3200 512Mb RAM 2-2-2-6 timings , new Mobo NF7-S, & Xp3000+ cpu. Have my FSB @200Mhz , RAM running @200Mhz ....no probs. Done some benchmark tests & the memory bandwidth is below what i got with my old 180Mhz FSB (Xp2500+) & cheapass TwinMos Pc2700 (512mb).

Just wondering what the hell is happenin, comparing my benchmark to Pc3200 Cl2.5 ram with a SIS board and im a good bit behind. - Any ideas on what i can do?? Mabye go TwinMos from now on :)??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

What did you get out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Am getting 2870 / 2660 , in SiSandra benchmark. Bearing in mind the processor is running @2200mhz (200Mhz FSB) and the timings are as low as they can go. Im still behind the Pc3200 Cl2.5 benches. The score was a good bit lower with 166Mhz FSB & lower cpu speed.

Bit annoyin since its expensive ram!! Would be expectin to get a nice ammount over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 imam

may be its compability problems between your mobo and memory..some memory brand/chip is not fully compatible with another..
    have you tested your OCZ and TwinMos on another motherboard and bencmark them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Have checked the OCZ website for compatability and it says no probs. Have benched on 2 boards , ASUS A7N8X & Abit NF7-S . Bench on the Abit was better but still alot shy of what i was expecting.

Advertisement