Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete a Partition

Options
  • 25-07-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Sorry a green question coming up, just want to be sure. I want to delete a partition on my pc, I have all my data on c drive and nothing on the d drive. Is there a way to delete the partition putting the space that d has in with c without losing any info on c. I am running windows me.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Partition magic pro 8 will do the job job for yea,
    piss easy to use too
    you want to merge d with c isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

I have plenty of space on c but compaz automatically allocate a portion to d, all i want to do is merge the two and not lose any information. What would you think of partitioning a portion of a drive for windows only and a portion for files or games would it be of any benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

If u get hold of any partition magic it will do it doesnt have to be 8

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I just said 8 because thats the version I used..
    Just say alan your C:\ has 17.6 out of 20 gigs
    d:\ is 4.5 out of 35
    You could make a new drive called C:\ that would be 55gigs and 22.1 gigs would be used
    all information that was on c and d will be the same - only different is its like you just moved them to a different folder
    partition magic can do wonders and makes it really easy

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

:D

Thanks Lenny, going to try amazon for a copy now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pdogs

but compaz automatically allocate a portion to d

Compaqs (compaz??) often store not only their restoration images on D but there can also be BIOS stored on the HDD partition as well.

Compaqs are very proprietary - so just be extra careful and check out that it is safe to merge these partitons before actually starting to "mess" with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Pdogs beat me to it.
    Any recent HPaq machine I've seen only comes with a recovery CD, not proper install disks. The actual Windows installation comes from the recovery partition. I thought they usually called it the X: partition though.
    Make sure you have access to the OS of your choice on CD before you go any further.

Advertisement