Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How difficult is it to install a router/modem on netsource?

Options
  • 25-07-2003 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

How difficult is it to install a router/modem on netsource?

I saw Marx selling a router/modem/switch and wondering how easy is it to install on the netsource service?

Has anyone had problems etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

You plug it into your network card, open a browser, fill in the boxes with the settings they give you, you start living it up in a cap free haven with the rest of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

thanks mrpink!

So it is really simple then!!!

GOOOD!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

Took me all night using their supplied modem but then I didn't see the broadband setup page and was trying to get online using the LAN thing :(
    Got it set up in the end though and in case you're wondering my sig refers to their amazing speed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Its very easy, there was one problem with mine stoping me from connecting. When I got the self install sheet off NS, It said to use PAP. So I set it up as pap. It wouldn't connect. So I rang them up and got through to the Girl in Tech that filled out my sheet. She was very helpful and seamed to be really sorry for puting down pap and not chap. Once I changed the setthing it worked away for me. Oh when your setting it up by the by. Your IP address will be using a Class C Subnet mask (255.255.255.0) Thats the only info they dont give :/ You also dont need to put in the IPaddress as you will always get it when you log on..

Advertisement