Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Like/Dislikes.

Options
  • 25-07-2003 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm having problems trying to add likes and dislikes.
    Here's an example. Lets say I want to add the frankly gorgeous sour wine pastilles to my likes list.
    I type it in, make sure I have like ticked and then click add. I get hit with the message:
    "For matching purposes, please enter the URL of an appropriate Google Directory category for your like or dislike. You may also be getting this message because it is not possible to automatically select a category for this item."
    Fair enough I think so I hit back and this time I click auto urls and get the same message.
    The third time through I use the Try Google I'm Feeling Lucky for best URL and Appropriate Google Directory category URL (which gives a result of "Your search - site:directory.google.com Sour Wine Pastilles - did not match any documents.") and copy and paste the urls into the boxes and get exactly the same message.
    Fourth time through I manually find a group that's close enough (http://directory.google.com/Top/Recreation/Food/) and click add and I get exactly the same message.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Um, perhaps just put the same url in both boxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

Tried it, didn't work.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ah well ;/

Maybe thats why a lot of people don't seem to be entering anything in their likes/dislikes, they can't get the bloody thing working :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Beck Amerdam
    Maybe thats why a lot of people don't seem to be entering anything in their likes/dislikes, they can't get the bloody thing working :p
    Nah, just not excited enough to do it yet.

• Advertisement

Well if someone can figure it out you know where I am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That should work - all I can think is that you are pasting the directory URL in box 1 instead of box 2 - let me know if it still doesn't work...

Yup, I definitly had it in box two. I even tried having both addresses as the directory and that didn't work. Why is it necessary to have directory entries anyways?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Beck: When you say 'exactly the same message', exactly the same as which message do you mean? As I interpret it (and I might be misinterpreting it) you can only get that message by putting it in the wrong box, so can you retry and tell us precisely what you are putting in box 1, what you're putting in box 2, and precisely what error you're getting and we'll have a close look.

Thanks.

Like: Sour Wine Pastilles
    URL 1:
    http://www.snackspot.org/index.php?offset=10&category=sbc
    URL 2:
    http://directory.google.com/Top/Recreation/Food/
    Action:
    Auto URL: Ticked
    Add.

Result:
    vBulletin Message
    For matching purposes, please enter the URL of an appropriate Google Directory category for your like or dislike. You may also be getting this message because it is not possible to automatically select a category for this item.

-Beck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't tick the Auto URL button and see what happens.

Worked! :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Don't tick Auto Url.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

aww shucks*

Advertisement