Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mod wanted

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

whats bard doing these days, a pool of moderators could be an idea. This whole thread i've seen person after person say x y and z would be good, but no one seems to want the job, why?

feic it, i'll offer to be mod unless someone better puts his or her hand up, though i can only promise coverage off peak for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Boston
    whats bard doing these days, a pool of moderators could be an idea. This whole thread i've seen person after person say x y and z would be good, but no one seems to want the job, why?

feic it, i'll offer to be mod unless someone better puts his or her hand up, though i can only promise coverage off peak for the moment.

Exactly why we should just have a poll. Everyone who applied for the position in this thread should be put into the poll and ppl vote. Its the easiest way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by denis_o_leary
    Exactly why we should just have a poll. Everyone who applied for the position in this thread should be put into the poll and ppl vote. Its the easiest way! :D
    I've said it a few posts above but I'll say it again in case you missed it.

This thread is for people to declare their interest in the post or to support someone else. The procedure for appointing a new mod was basically approved by the AGM & by Christian (our new chairman) yesterday. It's also the same way it was done last time, just for the record. To make it easier for people to keep this on topic, I'll delete any further posts that don't apply to the subject as requested. This is not mere censorship. This is a request for people to keep on topic and stop acting like rattle-losing pre-pubescent disenfranchised "help help I've been repressed, where's my justice" types.

Simple request to be honest. You're only embarrassing yourselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Dahamsta made a great job last time out. And he ain't a kiss ass synchophant either. He is very well balanced, like Sceptre and Dustaz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks guys, but I've served my time as IO mod, and I think it would interfere with my ability to discuss matters here freely. I'd probably end up banning myself. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and Bard would ban me for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by yellum
    Dahamsta made a great job last time out. And he ain't a kiss ass synchophant either. He is very well balanced, like Sceptre and Dustaz.

Seeing as Adam (who I agree would make a good mod) won't step forward, how’s about yourself, Yellum - you fit the requirements; experienced mod, intellectually adequate (!), knowledgeable about the subject matter and capable of delivering one line put downs.

Yellum for mod..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

If Muck would really feel stymied by becoming a Moderator, then I
    would have to support De Rebels suggestion to yellum.

If yellum volunteers, I would support him.

Paddy20;)

Me as a mod for IOFFL ? I'm in conflict quite a bit with the Committee and if I was to be mod I wouldn't want to bite my tongue. Same as Adam feels I guess.

Even though I am a good moderator and can be quite tough I don't think I'd be suited to mod *this* forum. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This thread's getting ridiculous. Instead of saying "if X vounteers I'll support.." only for them to say they don't want the job, how about we wait for X, Y and Z to volunteer, THEN support them :]

• Advertisement

Well PiE , sometimes people might be too humble to step forward or might think that they are not suitable for the role when in fact they are exactly what is needed.

Sometimes it takes others to make someone realise their worth to a community.

If i recall dustaz was nominated

Dustaz,

Re:- Your - "And now the end is near?"- thread, perhaps not.

Why not stay where you are for another year. Go on put us all out of our apparent dilemma, just another year, thats all .

Reconsider and remain where you belong till 2004.

Well, who else agrees. DUSTAZ FOR MOD?..

Paddy20;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

DUSTAZ!!DUSTAZ!!
    DUSTAZ!!

Paddy20 , its time to give Dustaz a rest. He worked his ass off since he became mod of this forum (just like sceptre ;) ) and deserves a break now.

Let the man retire from here and spend more time in the daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dustaz has other commitments and thats why he is stepping down as mod here. I think its slightly unfair of you guys to try and make the guy feel guilty cause he is. Just congatulate him on a job well done and be prepared to give the new mod(s) all the assistance and support they will need.

Gandalf.

OK, Ok, then,

Message received and understood. As I stated on this forum before I believe Dustaz has been an excellent mod.

So, step forward the NEW MOD!, wherever you are, and sorry Dustaz if I made you feel guilty in any way?.. That is the last thing you should feel. Maybe, there was a little method behind my madness, like trying to force an end to the agony.

Now, where is that new mod so that I can test his/her mettle by a little winding up. Me, wind up a mod ? Never.

I might get banned.

Paddy20.;)

COLOR=firebrick]GANDALF FOR MOD ? Yes, Now today - end of search.[/COLOR]

All that political experience, confirms it.

Paddy20;)

Well Dammit, I must get this right. I know it is early and I have only had half a cup of tea, but try again!

*GANDALF, STEP FORWARD NOW, Your Country needs you?..** TODAY!.

Paddy20.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I can't be a mod here. The reasons for this will be clear in a few days.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Hmm,

Oh well, all very intelesting yes, but the frustration, think of the frustration!.

One new Mod, or maybe even two?.. call in the secret police.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol paddy, thanks anyway:)

Omg gandalf if that means what i think it means, well done.

Btw no response(positive or negative) on my offer to mod this place, i was being serious, and i know a fair few of you guys, while you may far from like me, know i'd make a good moderator.

Urban Weigl,

If you have not previously been a Moderator on this forum. Have you considered putting your name in the pot?..

I have noted how silent you have been on this particular thread. Could be an indicator! Hmmm.

For a start, you would have my support.

Paddy20. :cool:

Ok, so no response from Urban Weigl?.. anyone else prepared to stick their head obove the parapet?..

Paddy20:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Paddy, let people volunteer if they want to volunteer. This is not the only place where people can make enquiries or volunteer - there's been some contact with others not in this thread.

To put it bluntly, you're actually discouraging people from volunteering (at least that's what at least one person has said to me by PM). As I said above, all posts not actually adding to the discussion will be dumped. For various personal reasons I haven't the time to comment extensively at the moment, though I do have time to drop in and read threads, edit them and ban people for acting the idiot. Most of the applicants and interested parties are aware of this (and why).

I've pointed this out to you in another thread. Please sit down.

Advertisement