Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

--->..share your experience using Hansol 920D ..recommend for graphic/CAD user?

• 26-07-2003 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I plan to buy monitor,but I can decide now..
    because in my place I can't test them directly on store (indent system). so..I must buy fist before test it...

I plan to buy Hansol 920D and I found this forum alot of people using this..and say good, but I can't imagine how good its good...

so would you expalained to me about its picture quality, colour, geometry etc..do you recomend this monitor for graphic user/CAD?
    Can you rate this quality with another brand+model like viewsonic..example Viewsonic G90F+ (I have been tested this model)..wich one better?..
    or another brand may be?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,
    Imam

sorry my english =)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've had one for about a week, and 4 of my friends have them. We're all heavy users so a decent monitor is important.
    Right now they're pretty much the best value 19" you can buy in this country, but again, if you're making a living off your work, why not go for an Arpeture Grill Iliyama or something?

Running mine at 1154x865 @ 100Hz from a GeForce2 Pro (which admitedly doens't have the greatest video out-put quality - filters just before the VGA port have bog-all bandwidth comapred to the RAMDac - design flaw on the part of many manufacturers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 imam

in my mind... why buy other high price monitor if this ones good enough for my work? The price is important to me...
    I heard a lot of good things about 920D, but I can't imagine how good it is..so if you have tested other brand /model monitor like Samsung or Viewsonic..can you tell me wich one that have same picture quality with 920D
    example...Views G90F+ or Sams 957MB ones?

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I've had that monitor for about a year now. I'm very happy with it and I do use it for cad.

The nice thing is that it's Dynaflat. That means its not flat but it looks flat. For example the trinitron flats are actually flat but don't look it, they look concave.

That's a nice feature when you're using it for cad!

hmmm... I assuming the geometry and form is ok..
    what about the color?.. its vivid, bright and well saturated?

The colours are fine :)

One thing I've noticed (though I'm not sure) is taht the dot pitch seems to be a little high. Might just be the DynaFlat though.
    Seems to be a very very fine mesh (with tall cells) over the screen, only noticible over some bright areas and only when up close (which I'm not any longer).

Bloody good monitor otherwise :)

• Advertisement

this is problems?..doe its effect to the form unity?
    In online store review, I find much talk about discoloration problems-->Red/Pink discoloration on a light background (e.g. Word, Excel, Internet Explorer) in the corners of the screen.

its happen on yours?

It seems fine for me??

No discolouration on first inspection.

using 920Dplus.icm though, may have something to do with it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have a 920D running at 1024x768. I think its running at 75 or 100hz ... cant quite remember.

I cant see any discolouration on it at all. Its really the best value 19" monitor out there at the moment. The Dynaflat is great too. The dotpitch i think is about .20 or something.

Advertisement