Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC takes ages to shut down...

Options
  • 26-07-2003 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if this is a Windows or BIOS issue but my PC is taking an age to shut down, the monitor goes dark as Win98 waves bye bye but it stays running for about a min before it shuts down, meanwhile the PSU continues for another min and then finally its off. While its not the end of the world, it is annoying!

Any thoughts?

Mike.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I had the same problem recently caused by a Windows patch, but I run Windows 2000. I backed the patch out at the time but I think they included it in SP4, so it's doing it again. Doesn't really bother me though, I rarely turn off my machines and I'm getting a shiny new one next week.

That was no help at all, was it? :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks a bunch!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

have we installed this?

If that doesn't make any difference, try looking

here and here

Thanks for the first link Sceptre I read the other two yestderday and said "feck that" to myself - far too much work! :)

I'm d-ling now and will give it whirl and pray hard....

Mike.

Its quicker but not as quick as it once was ie nearly instant. I think I must have reset the bios to factory default when I was last in there....

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement