Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could decide again........

Options
  • 26-07-2003 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

If you could decide again what ISP you would choose for broadband, which one would you pick?

Alot of people are starting to complain about IOL BB, so if you are currently using it, would you change to a different ISP if you could and which one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

I await answers with bated breath!! Whose going to say it is cr*p when it is a 12 month contract???

gb---

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

A pretty boring answer I know - but I have had i-stream since May, and would not change. It's been a great service - great pings, great d/l speeds, and very reliable. Their customer service is non-existent, but their BB is excellent.

Wheeler_1028.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

I have had IOL Broadband for the past few days. I'm very impressed with it. Great speeds, pings etc. However I do seem to be the only person on IOL BB who is happy with it.

Only thing I am trying to find out now is about the cap and if it is for each month or one month from the time you ordered it. I am sure I will get an answer off call support tommorrow if not on here. :rolleyes: - wishful thinking of course. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Ubeh.. you get a 5gb download and 5gb upload.. every month.. so for instance if u download 4gbs in one month.. and the next month comes.. ure dload cap gets reaload to 5gbs again.

Oh right, so the 25'th July when i got it, that means on 1'st August my cap is reset again and not on the 25'th August.

Cool Adren. Thanks for telling me. Saves me the pain of calling up Call Support tomorrow morning. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Netsource, Netsource and Netsource.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

ubahone... errr your limit is for a payment month. Ie from when your bill ends till your next billing period.

So if you started 25th July your billing period ends 25th August and that is when your cap will be reset.

Oh no are you serious?

I just downloaded 3gb of info the last while.

2gb until 25 August...Im in trouble now.:confused:

Are you sure this is what you were told? A lot of others have said each month its reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Eircom serivice is excellent, if you have the full service and an ethernet modem. If it wasn't for the cap and price i'd go for it. Esat is the cheap but nasty otpion. I remember having to explain what a cap was to there sales staff once, so caps are unlikely to be inforced. Netscource is the cheap but really nasty option.

Thats not true at all. Esat has been excellent for me. Ive been getting better pings than most ppl on Eircom and halthy speeds. Netsource is doing well now as well according to the people on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I have Irishbroadband, only got it installed on Thursday. So far I am very happy with it (touch wood!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by Boston
    Netscource is the cheap but really nasty option.

It's neither cheap, it's the most expensice actually, nor nasty. Fast speeds, good latency, no cap, what more could you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well i have IOLBB

and i would change right now to netsource,s or godforbid Eircom

Fecking 700B/S speed

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Netsource ROX!!!1:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

I would go for netsource...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd stick with Netsource. Granted they had a bit of a rocky start but thats now behind them and they are doing great! I cant ask for more than: No Cap, Low Pings and Great DL Speeds :cool: (well maybe a lower price but I'm not paying the bill so it doesn’t really bother me that much )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

If Eircom upped their cap to say 10GB per month, then I'd definatly go with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Are the Netsource Pings Constantly 30-40 to Jolt or do they spike often? And Why are they so good now when they were **** all before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

I'm on eircom i-stream starter since May and its fine. Speed, availibility etc all fine. Cap is not an issue for me.

Support is weak, and they did switch off a few exchanges for most of the june weekend. But apart from that i'd have no problem recommending it. It does what it says on the packet.

But that 4gb cap is just too small for me. 5gb is fine-ish. And I went for Esat cos its Cheaper and the same service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement