Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you save a boot to USB?

• 26-07-2003 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.... I'm just wondering has anybody dumped a Ghost boot disk to a usb device?.......and did you manage to get your machine to boot from the USB?
    Maybe it's not possible, sure would be handy though.....
    Running p3 machines, 98me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

dont think its possible as usb devices dont have real mode drivers, correct me if im wrong anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

works on the new lappies dell is putting out. freind of mine has been testing this for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I could be mistaken here but arent the PenDrives suppose to be bootable?? Am sure i red it some where!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

That's what I'm hoping. Timeout told me today he reckons the newer pc's do. I'm hoping it's possible. In a net cafe, it would make putting back images that bit handier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

TOTALLY depends on the Bios of the machine.

Check for updates from teh mobo manufacturer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement