Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realplayer help

• 26-07-2003 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Every time I try to use realplayer to play a streaming video file, my computer completely snarls and locks up :/

Anyone have the same problem, or know a fix for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

have u tried upgrading to the latest version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Do a google for mediaplayer classic - it plays realmedia streams/files as well has quicktime files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

media player classic is also know as quicktime alternative, you have to have the realplayer codecs installed for them to work with it. I highly recommend media player classic soooo much better than quicktime and realplayer, it can be found here, www.kazaalite.tk click "codecs" on the left and you have real alternative and quicktime alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I tried that and it still seizes up my whole computer when I try to stream from it :( I even reinstalled Realplayer.

I really have no clue why it's seizing up like this....it *only* happens with streaming files, nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

what connection to the net have u got? maybe lowering the buffering or connections settings or something in that area may help, hope it works out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement