Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Interleaving advice ?

Options
  • 26-07-2003 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I am on of eircoms packages and I also dabble in counterstrike. Is it possible to get eircom to get rid of the interleaving so I get lower pings to the UK and abroad?

I think im fairly close to my exchange, so whats the deal, anyone had this done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

They wont turn it off im afraid. If your on their RADSL product the interleaving is set to a low level and you should get decent pings, in or around 60-70ms to UK servers anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

You cant get interleaving turned off on eiromc products, i presume your on the RADSL pacakges, eircoms interleaving is turned to low though, its about the best your gonna get

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

I'm on a business package too with interleaving set to full whack, 90ish pings in cs but it's smooth enough so I don't really mind I guess. You're never going to get pings as low as those Nildram boys anyways.

Oh and I asked an Eircom guy if they'd turn off interleaving one day and he said:
    "It is policy not to turn this off. Thank you" and put down the phone :mad:

Advertisement