Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System crashing, help please!

• 26-07-2003 6:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have this new machine about a month now and i still cant track down the problem.
    Ive mailed Elara about it and tried everything they suggested but to no avail.
    Im getting periodic crashes and it only seems to happen when online.It could happen 20 minutes into a session or 3 hours into a session.It simply crashes and reboots.
    Im getting the following error message after windows boots back up.

["C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062903-07.dmp
    BCCODE: d1 BCP:0000000C BCP2:00000002 BCP:00000001
    BCP4:F8362984 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product :768_1"]

Elara, where i got the system built for me suggested downloading latest drivers for my onboard sound,BIOS for the motherboard,and drivers for motherboard chipset.
    They sent me direct links and i downloaded them ,all installed fine but when i tried to install latest BIOS [remember i was given direct link]windows stated these drivers do not support your motherboard.
    I also done a windows update as was suggested also.
    Ive mailed Elara again about the above BIOS issue but as yet heard nothing,that was last Monday but im assuming the guy i was dealing with could be off sunning himself on holliers.

The only extra ive installed on the machine is my isdn card but i know its fine as i used it in last machine ,and no crashes.

The system has only crashed once while gaming offline but since i mostly play games online its a big issue to me.
    Any help would be mostly appreciated guys.
    BTW Elara could not shed any light on the above error im getting,this error message is the message im getting after every crash.

D865PERL Mobo mPGA478 i865PE ATX Max 4GBAGP8x800 MHz FSB
    P4 2.8 ghz 478Pin 512 Cache 800MHz FSB
    Muschkin 512mb PC3200 DDR
    Samsung 4 in 1 combo 48x24x48x16
    80GB 7,200rpm HD
    Windows XP
    Gainward GF4 Powerpack Ultra\650-8xAGP 64mb DDR8xchipset TV out
    17"Monitor VL700/17"FST.27 70KHZ MPR2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

have you tried formatting/windows restoring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was going to suggest its almost cetainly your video card but I see its an Intel board and chipset so the Nvidia/Gainward card may be innocent (they usually play up with VIA chipset/AMD mobo combo) but in truth when a PC starts throwing error messages after a crash its usually the video card! Have you another you can try?

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im using latest 44.03 drivers .
    Ill try stock driver which came with GF4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tried stock drivers again and still crashing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

my advice run regclean to make sure your registry is ok.if you have a spare older graphics card say a rage 2 ,get latest xp drivers and install it ,or even a pci card try that and install ,,use clean utility to get rid of all trace of geoforce drivers,.use system information tool to check for any missing system files ,,dlls etc .i find it handy to to go back to pci graphics if theres a system crash cos there may be a issue with the agp drivers that u r using .u can download various utilitys to make sure that ur xp installation is clean.make sure that onboard sound and graphics are disabled if ur using addin cards.if pc works ok on older card then at least u know theres a problem with the geoforce card or driver conflict with isdn card.from reading on net i notice people have proplems sometimes getting geoforce4 to run 100percent reliable depending on what cards addons they have set up in their pc ,.i have only used geoforce 2 or ati rage cards and i have found them stable and reliable but drivers i,m using are xp not latest version.use diagnostics ,,sisandra tufftest lite free,on net to stress test ur system ,,thewres plenty of free diag progs avaidable on the net.i find if u strip down ur pc start with older drivers its usually possible to work out where the problem ,.is.above all check winxp setup and all system files ,,if u have time u cud setup up win98 and see if windows is still crashing.if not then its probly conflict or problem with drivers.tufftest lite will setup bootdisk to stesstest ur system works on all os.s free download on the net.Try the oldest drivers u can find for xp.geoforce old drivers r more reliable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement