Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini games

Options
  • 26-07-2003 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

ye kno there is alot of mini games hidden in BF1942. there are the obvious ones everyone does. Such as jeep stunts and plane stunts.

But i learned of 2 new ones last nite. The 1st one is loony in a jeep. This is where u get into a jeep on market garden (offline is best) using inside view u drive across the bridge and hit every bot coming across while avoiding other jeeps and above all the tiger which has uncanny aim. Common and fun.

But the best is the bomb truck. yes there is a bomb truck in BF1942. be a enginner get a jeep and load it up with xplosives. Drive to the battle and when u see the nme tanks drive full speed at them bail out and pull the plunger. The result is not the usual 1 tank dead by jeep attack. In fact my most successful run involved a jeep into there base blowing up 3 tanks and 8 men. very satisfying. This was achieved on Glaudacanal with 8 sticks of TNT. The Explosion was HUGE!.

trust me start doing this on some of the EAUK servers and u'll never be bored. Other games to add please?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great idea bout the truck bomb,youd think after so long id have thought of it by now ?
    Anyways better shutup cos im displaying my lack of inteligence in public.I do love sneaking up to nme controlpoint/flag and sticking some TNT in/on their vehicles and then retreat to a safe distance and wait for my prey ,especially cool when you allow your prey to drive off in the direction of his team mates and when he gets close BOOM!,best i done with this was and APC carrier with 4 onboard and when he was overtaking his mates in thier tank i hit the detonator ,got 4 in APC and 2 more in tank :)
    Im off to EAUK 64 player server to try truck bombing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

These all req more bored mates:

Plane Jump ,whilst flying in any 2 seater plane try and fly by your mate in another and jump out and land in his plane.

Plane Fix ,repair a plane in mid air but do it by getting into the air in a plane not ON (take screenie to prove you did it)

Blow up a plane in flight with a Mine.

Blow up a plan in flight with a tank.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

We made that bomb truck idea age's ago, used it for some impressive stunts, but we called it the det car. A great mini game we thought up on market garden, involving jeeps, was to have 1 tiger, broad side at the axis side of the bridge, and have 2 allies in jeeps stuffed with TNT try to cross the bridge under the fire from the tiger and blow it up, gotta be careful in the jeep tho, get a glancing hit and the TNT may fall out and if you get in close, no bang :)

For a bit of added fun you can let the defending tiger lay down some defences (mines, viechles etc) but he isnt allowed to cover a whole line (ie: place 8 mines in a row across the bridge so no jeep can get through), just be inventive with your defence, without going over the top and plane impossable to break.

Blow up a plan in flight with a tank.
    Or even more challenging, use a bazooka. Or if you have DC, put on gazala, and have 2 defending axis rocket launcher's trying to shoot out an apache (no stingers tho, their too easy), or if your totally insane try using the oppositions artillary anti air, its totally impossable, lol. However dont let the apache fire hellfires, too easy etc, try to snipe them out with single rockets, see how many you get before gettin hit.

And another, very basic but very fun, thing to do, is race jeeps, have one leader who dictates the path as they go and the rest of the jeeps follow and try to keep up, if the leader crash's, he dies and respawns and the guy insecond takes over, if you lose where the other jeeps are, you lose. See who can keep up and stay alive the longest, the best map for this would probably be gazala.

Or you can do it on Wake Island, have a few jeeps goin from oen side of the island to the other (group up at each side and leave together) and race to the other side, and for a bit of added fun, you can have 1 guy lay down 4-8 mines randomly on the track before each drive around the island.

Or if your up for some plane bot SLAUGHTER put on wake island, put on as many bots as your PC can support (preferably over 50), if you dont have a strong PC, get a dedicated server and have 1 guy sit it out, put the reinforceemnts to 1000%, you should end up with over 3000 reinforcements by now. Capture all the flags except the one in the very north west, the bots on your team will hold them in their pretty successfuly because the beach flag beside that will give them 2 tank spawns (Chi-Ha tanks suck, but better than nother). Then the fun begins, if theres a seat in it you can go into the destroyer and bombard the flag from there, you can hop into the DEFGUN at the airfield spawn point (middle flag) which can fire at the last allied spawn point, or you can jump into a plane (preferably Aichi-Val's, because their superb bombers, and the oen at the Airfield is never used by bots so its always there for the taking) and bomb the hell out of them. With this in mind, try to get as many kills as possable in 1 go (destroyers 1 shot, DEFGUN 1 shot, plane 1 fly by), so far our records are, in kills:
    16 by bomber
    15 by a fly by in a Zero (jap fighter) by chopping off heads with the wings, no shooting.
    6 with a Chi-Ha
    6 with DEFGUN
    0 with destroyer (never got a seat in it hwile doing this)

I recommend you try most of these if you have a few m8s with PCs around, especially the last one.

Advertisement