Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy BF1942?

Options
  • 26-07-2003 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying BF1942 but with a 56k connection at home I won't be able to play it online unless I'm at a net cafe. So really I'm wondering is it worth buying if not for internet play but Single player mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its v.simple The closest game to battlefield 1942 in terms of how it plays i would say is Unreal tournament. Its basicaly ww2 UT. Offline while not comsidered important is fun. But the game really shines online. But i still got UT and never played it online. I played offline cause at the time i had a sucky pc with 56k connection. If your like me and enjoy playing offline then u might be up for it. BUT unlike UT not every map u d-load is single player compatible. INFACT out of the mods desert combat i think is the only one with bots. And Battle of Britain is the first new map to have SP support. So its not as customizable as UT. But to be honest ive had it for 2 months now and only started online properly last week. And if u check my other post unlike UT there is alot more crasy stuff to do in this game. I would still get it. But for me it would be a stress relief. load it up pump the bots with a sniper or run em over. U cant get that with any other game. (Has CS ever relieved stress??)

-note what i said and if u feel the same get it. But HEED my warnings young skywalker.

-NWP -******s with Puppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Possibly the best MP online game ever made buy it .

I have original BF and RTR for swap for a Gamecube game :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Possibly the best MP online game ever made buy it .

You heard the man,it is awesome.
    Is you the Dark Angel i know from MMI clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

if you have a reasonably good pc there should be no problem with you playing online even on 56k.

i think winters has a way of getting pretty good pings on 56k. wait till he replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

i think winters has a way of getting pretty good pings on 56k.

Involves 4 chikuns
    Star of David
    2 cats
    pitcher of blood
    and weird chanting.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i think i'll have to get it too. i've only played it like 4/5 times in a net cafe and i have to say i'm fairly hooked on it. The only prob is i've 56k too. My comp is good enough, so i guess i could have fun with it offline in SP mode. I think i might be getting broadband in a month or so too. And kdjac yur right, this has to be one of the best MP games ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Where you playing your EoD Merc. I've been playing it a bit on the UK servers using the nick Karl Hungus. It is indeed the best Mod on BF1942 :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

56k modem or not everyone who likes pc games should buy battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i haven't seen the EoD mod, whats it like/about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There was an old thread about EOD here. If you are looking for the most recent version of it [12%] you can downlaod it from Gameservers.net here or from FragZone.se here. Its just over 184mb in total.

The mod is baised upon the Indochina conflict [Vietnam in particular]. They hope to have the lesser known elements of the conflict in the game by the final version including the French who controlled 'Nam before the US took over ...... and failed. Below are some of the models from the next version, 20%.

thumb_1.jpg thumb_4.jpg thumb_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement