Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Scanners and Users

Options
  • 27-07-2003 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My scanner (Mustek 1200UB) will not work in any group account other than the administrator group. I've set up a few family members as Power Users but they cannot use the scanner. When I change them to admin group, no problems. Can anyone out there please help me with this problem. I've been scouring the web for answers for the past 3 weeks now and nothing. I asked a friend earlier to try his scanner out in a non administrator account and the same issue arises. His scanner is an Epson. I've also noticed through my search for an answer that HP scanner users have same problem. It has something to do with the user rights and maybe the registry but I haven't a clue about either. I have messed around with user rights but to no avail. Thanks for any help in advance

Advertisement