Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Bay Device

• 27-07-2003 12:51am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy one of those front panel bay things that have usb and firewire and stuff. I'm looking for one that has infrared aswell as other stuff, and i can't seem to find them anywhere.
    Apart from the fact that i am looking for one, can anyone tell me how they connect inside the case?
    Do you have to plaug them in at the back of the case or are many of them motherboard dependent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Unless your mobo has all the features you are looking for you are stumped. Most mobos have a usb connection but depending on vintage firewire might be less likely.
    One I came accross on Ebay was basically an adaptor that fits in a PCI slot with leads that connect to your mobo's connectors at the back of our PC and then a single cable connnects from it inside your case to the breakout box that sits in a spare 5 1/2" bay at the front.
    A search should throw up plenty of them babies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

did a fair few searches and tried all the old familiar places such as komplett. But finding one with infrared is proving to be a bit of a bitch. My mobo supports infrared and firewire with places to sonnect them to on the mobo itself as with usb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

its a long shot but try

www.coolcasemods.com
    www.overclockers.co.uk

thats all i can fink of.

Advertisement