Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you sure you want to logout?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

lol, has no one coped on that i am taking the piss?? I have been a member for over 3 years, I was hoping to get a card pulled or something but one seems to have a sense of humor anymore. I mean, a 3 year strong member using a line like...
    Originally posted by Snowball
    "one rule for users and another rule for mods/admins"??
    come on ppl :D

Anyways, rant over and Snowball bashing over and we can all go back to our lives with no one getting the joke, ah well :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

That was one of the funnier threads I've read in a while :)

Snowball - memories of my first encounter with the big lad

He was on my team :p

How do you magically hit this logout button by accident? Are you running some insane resolution on a 14" monitor or is it just old age ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

so bak to teh point, well 1 of many points, how do you change the settings on user cp so that you don't get logged out after a certain length of time without posting???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Check the 'automatically login' checkbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by ecksor
    Check the 'automatically login' checkbox.

No - that'll still log you out, and then back in again - you'll lose track of all your read / unread threads

I suspect that there's no way to make sure you'll never get logged out because that timeout has to be there for a reason, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm never logged out, there is a setting on the cp to do this. It is as ecksor says - Automatically login when you return to the site? " The only reason for this logging you out, max, is if you delete the cookies on closing your internet browser maybe. Or do you use a virus software that cleans the internet cache etc every day?

The only times I log out is when I accidentally click that bloody logout button unwantedly. But presumably I'm the only one! I must be getting old and doddery then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

naah - its definitely the timeout - sit logged into boards, don't touch it for 20 minutes, come back to it, and all your threads will have been marked as read.

Its not a problem for me, you don't have to physically log in again, but the system still logs you out and then back in again... I just have to remember to refresh the page every 10 minutes or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah yes, you are talking about the new posts thing. Yeah it is around 10 or 15 minutes - it sees that your last visit was so many minutes ago and clears your new posts/pms. This is customizable I presume but there logically has to be some kind of time out or when you come back after 2 hours you get all the old posts from before.

If boards was a pay for site I'd suggest customisable timeouts for each user , but boards is free. Free like wind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the wind is free?

i'm gona have a little talk with the wind-tax collector when he calls around next month :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snoogums

lol, has no one coped on that i am taking the piss?? I have been a member for over 3 years, I was hoping to get a card pulled or something but one seems to have a sense of humor anymore. I mean, a 3 year strong member using a line like...come on ppl :D

First post 28/07/2000 @ 03:39
    Second post 21/02/2002 @ 14:44

573 days or so between first and second post, and a member for three years...

That year and a half here really hasn't made you any less of a muppett Darra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by Snoogums
    First post 28/07/2000 @ 03:39
    Second post 21/02/2002 @ 14:44

573 days or so between first and second post, and a member for three years...

That year and a half here really hasn't made you any less of a muppett Darra
    being that u cant spell my name, u dont know me and cant see when I started my acc and the fact that (if u knew me you would know that) "Snowball" was not the only account I have had I rest my case on that subject.
    Originally posted by Gordon
    I'm never logged out, there is a setting on the cp to do this.
    Nither am I. If I log out and go back to the home page I am logged back in (on my personal machine).

being that u cant spell my name, u dont know me and cant see when I started my acc and the fact that (if u knew me you would know that) "Snowball" was not the only account I have had I rest my case on that subject.Nither am I. If I log out and go back to the home page I am logged back in (on my personal machine).

snowball, so wht if he cn't spell your name, you of all people should know that whether or not you can spell or even define something is a seperate issue to whether you are or not familiar with it. you're not a defence attorney so you don't have to rest your case. Boards is a chatroom so even users who don't know you are entitled to express an opinion even if they don't know you from atom and it turns out that you are actually a co-founder of boards.
    so anyway dara how are you, how was your summer since i haven't seen you since the exams or even before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snoogums

Ya can rest your case all you want Darra (I'll spell it how I like), I do however know you, I know what you look like, where you live and where you've worked. I know of relationships you've been in and I also know that you are far from the "posh cnut" you make out. I also know that you are a muppet of the highest order and that this will never change. BTW WTF is the reson 4 th txt spek foo ?

are you spanish snoogums?

Advertisement