Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG what a rip off!

Options
  • 27-07-2003 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

not sure if this should go in tech or games but ill start it here.

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=10441

look at this complete rip off from boysstuff.co.uk
    theyve stuck a bare bones system into a chest of drawers, gave you a disc with about 20 emulators on it and they charge you 3,000 sterling!!! plus if you buy "arcade stools" they cost £125 for 2!! you even have to put coins in the bastard!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen that in the Star the other day, 1st impressions how the **** do you play Streetfighter 2 with only 3 buttons?

Seen better built by people, theres a link int eh Emulators board to a website that sells cabinets and other needed stuff.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i wonder if they have licences for the aformentioned games?

downloading roms is one thing but flogging them off........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by KdjaC
    1st impressions how the **** do you play Streetfighter 2 with only 3 buttons?
    lol, it was playable with only 1 button on a friends crappy joystick for his amiga 600...
    ahhhh, good times:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me swoons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

For all those of you who wasted your youth and pocket money in an arcade
    I dont think they should mention this when their asking you to pay £3,000 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah thats a fair rip off alright. i saw it early but i didn't see the price! Sure u could buy a really nice PC for £3000 and then just download the roms and get a joystick if u wanted it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i sont even think it has a graphics card!! ps my mate has a collection of emulator disks with at least 700 emulators on it. they give you twenty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Its obviously designed for people who *have* three grand to splash out on that sort of thing. The case its in would look very well in a well kept games room/living space. A luxurious little distraction I would certainly purchase if I had the cash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

At the minute i am building an upright cab which will house a pc so i can play all the classics ... gonna have 7 buttons per controller and a trackball and its costin me £200 to build , not including the pc of course.Il post pics when i get it finished

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Its obviously designed for people who *have* three grand to splash out on that sort of thing. The case its in would look very well in a well kept games room/living space.
    I'd say you're right there Lex. The kind of thing that would look nice next to a pinball machine in an airhockey room. If I had three grand that I wouldn't miss I'd get it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It would probably be far cheaper to build one yourself. And it isn't all that hard really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

All u need in street fighter 2 r the directionals the hard punch and the hard kick...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe so if you are a newbie muppet. If you only use those buttons then you can say good bye to combos and sneaky slow fireballs. You can still play it but you'll never master it. And mastering SF2 was what it was all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Kold
    All u need in street fighter 2 r the directionals the hard punch and the hard kick...

Blasphemy.

Strong moves leave you open for counters if blocked ,medium dont and are fast so combined with a strong its a couple of hits combo ie Jump in with Blanka and a medium kick then when landing do a medium punch and headbutt em twice then when they move back hit them with a strong uppercut.
    If done right its a 4 hit instant dizzy combo if not its a 2 or 3 hit and leavs you in a position to inflict more pain :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Retrogamer, you're nothing but an elitist little shit.

Thank you. Hope thats a complement.

Sure KdjaC is a far bigger SF2 freak than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its the constant attitude you seem to exhibit towards those who you deem to be a "casual" gamer. You should get down off that high horse. And take that stick out of your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me applauds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Maybe so if you are a newbie muppet. If you only use those buttons then you can say good bye to combos and sneaky slow fireballs. You can still play it but you'll never master it. And mastering SF2 was what it was all about.

Damn straight!!

Without the LKs, LPs,...etc, you are only getting half a game. Its a big mistake when you're a newbie and you use hard attaks all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ok, Retrogamer, you seem to have this ability to bring out the flamer in people. Either adopt a less offensive attitude or we'll have to take measures to stop any thread you particpate turning into a you vs. everybody else flamewar.

Back on topic. Whatever the hell that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I would just pick m.bison and use all his special moves (Slide thingy was l337) Worked for me... Maybe i'm not a big enough nerd :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Originally posted by Kold
    I would just pick m.bison and use all his special moves (Slide thingy was l337) Worked for me... Maybe i'm not a big enough nerd :confused:

haha yeah. In Championship edition just do his Psycho Crusher over and over again to annoy people :P

Advertisement