Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did the IOFFL AGM go?..

Options
  • 27-07-2003 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

How did the AGM go?.. Dustaz seems to have returned with renewed vigour.

As someone living a long way from Dublin, I was just wondering did it prove enjoyable and are there any new developments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Paddy20
    How did the AGM go?

Very well. Small but high quality attendance. Largly Dublin based but a few culchies present. Good reports from the chairmen, old and new. Good discussion and many good ideas.

No doubt a fuller report will appear in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Thanks De Rebel,

This culchie is looking forward to the official fuller report. Which no doubt will appear in due. Still, I enjoy hearing unofficial reports/gossip as well.

Paddy20.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ill echo what de_rebel said (who in my view was a bit of a star speaker....the cork accent didnt even put me off... much).

It went very well, far better than last year which was probably always going to be the case after the success of the past year. Im sure Xian will post a report in the fullness of time but basically the bulk of the discussion was about where the committees efforts would be best expended.

Good luck to all the new and returning commitee members btw, Ioffl is in safe hands for the next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

who is the new chairman

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by shinzon
    who is the new chairman

That'd be me, and yes we'll have a full report on the meeting in due time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

would have loved to have been there, but i was working

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

would love to have attended myself but I was off sunning myself in the Canaries. Every day when I looked out on my balcony I could see a huge omni directional antenna and it made me think of how inadequate I felt by being from Ireland. It looked as though the whole area I was staying in was one huge hot spot (Peurto Rico). Wish I'd had a laptop to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by LFCFan
    would love to have attended myself but I was off sunning myself in the Canaries.
    Ah, suffering, huh?:)

Good meeting, really. Good discussion, consensus on the future direction, quite a few volunteers for committee (& I suspect a few others, including myself, who would have stepped up if there had been a lack of enthusiasm). I'm actually quite excited by the possibilities for the future. Nice to put faces to names as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by sceptre
    Ah, suffering, huh?:)

Some mornings yeah :D

I notice that Dangger has been extremely quiet, since the AGM?. just hope he is not abandoning us, and will continue as a Spokesman/Public relations guru.

With all the experience he has gleaned. He certainly is a vital cog in the IOFFL campaign machine.

Just curious.

Paddy20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Paddy I think you'll find that Dave is away burning himself in some foreign place on holliers :)

Gandalf.

man, hes always on holidays.

That big fat chairmans salary goes a long way...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by Dustaz

lol ... you better watch it, some people might believe you.

I don't know of anyone who deserves a holiday more. And I wish every success to the new IOFFL chairman Xian. Give em hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by nahdoic
    lol ... you better watch it, some people might believe you.

It's true: my salary's just quadrupled, backdated to the beginning of time! First thing I'll do now I'm in office is give a 200% bonus to the committee members. Stick that in yer pipe, ESOT! :)

And I wish every success to the new IOFFL chairman Xian. Give em hell.

Thanks. I'll certainly try.

Xian,

Yes, congrats and good luck with your new responsibilities as Chairperson.

Can I just ask, between you and me, and while no one else is watching?.. Has the New Moderator* needed, conundrum been quietly resolved, as I am a bit confused as I think are many others on this important issue.

Oh, and by the way. Any idea when we might see the full official report on the IOFFL AGM, perhaps by the weekend! Eh, what?..

Paddy20;)

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Has the New Moderator* needed, conundrum been quietly resolved, as I am a bit confused as I think are many others on this important issue.
    I'm always watching, paddy:)

No it hasn't, no need to be confused, everything's being considered, last time it took the guts of a month, this time it'll be much faster and don't worry.

Less of a conundrum than a pickle imho & while I don't really like pickles we've had a few approaches from people & I'll be having a consultation (for want of a better word) with Xian & Dustaz et al relatively soon. The guy is hard to replace:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by sceptre
    The guy is hard to replace
    I have an inanimate carbon rod here if that's any help?

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I have an inanimate carbon rod here if that's any help?
    Matt Groening will sue you for that. In Dahamsta's Rod We Trust™

Matt Groening will sue you for that.

Not Dusty?

In Dahamsta's Rod We Trust™

That's what the ladies say. :)

adam

I have an inanimate carbon rod here

Cant you think of a better name for it?

• Advertisement

Cant you think of a better name for it?
    Well, I call it Paul, but I thought people might think that was a little weird?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Totally off topic - but then again no more so than some of the other items in this thread -

I see Paddy 20 has discovered the *.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by query
    Totally off topic - but then again no more so than some of the other items in this thread -

Appalling standard of moderation, would never have happened in Dustaz's time. Ah yes, remember Dustaz ......

**Quote: "Appalling standard of moderation, would never have happened in Dustaz's time. Ah yes, remember Dustaz ......"

Yes? its a ! "bloody" **disgrace

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Well, I call it Paul, but I thought people might think that was a little weird?
    Speaking for myself, I'm actually mildly freaked out...!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by oscarBravo
    Speaking for myself, I'm actually mildly freaked out...!

I'm scared. Very scared.

Advertisement