Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestbuy.co.uk - Cheap 42" Plasma?

Options
  • 27-07-2003 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I found that www.bestbuy.co.uk offer a brand new model Samsung PPM-42 S3 for £1878 inc vat (€2,638.81). http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/cgi-bin/frames.pl?offerID=6&

This is the newer model to the S2 series that recieved luke warm [user] reviews. However, the S3 looks quite nice and that price is basically unbeatable. AFAIK, Currys in ireland are selling the Samsung S2 series for €4600.

However... this Bestbuy crowd are a bit odd. They claim about 28days delivery time and have no references (from past customers) online I could find.

If they are legit then the best I can figure is that they are running a "Lets Buy it.com" style mass order = reduced price scheme, hence the long delivery wait.

What do you think?
    Anyone know of other cheap Plasmas (ex demo etc considered too)?

Matt

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

if you buy a plasma in the Uk will it tune into channels here in Ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

your could try www.nexnix.co.uk... great reputation, had some dealings with them myself. Excellent back up service.

they usually have some ex dem equipment in their specials and the new stuff is well priced usually.

If you are interested in buying, I can get you the name of someone there to talk to.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Small world, was talking to Russell via email on Friday. Nice guy, I like companies that actually write "real" replies, not auto generated crap.

Unfortunately the Hitachi ex-dem that was up there was just snatched up the day before. All thats left (in my range) is the Samsung, good price but the people on AV Forums tell me to steer well clear of Samsungs. Im hoping something else pops up on Nexnix in the ex-demos or some home cinema freak on AV Forums wants to upgrade to a newer model. :D

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by sharkman
    if you buy a plasma in the Uk will it tune into channels here in Ireland ??
    If it had an inbuilt tuner (most dont) then most of the channels will tune. Something about your location in Ireland some channels are on a different frequency (same with all UK TVs).

However, why would you use anything but Sky Digital (or NTL if you must) on a Plasma? They provide tuner boxes, so just plug and play.

Matt

Advertisement