Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winning eleven

Options
  • 27-07-2003 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

right

i *have* to have this game for me cube.
    any advice on the best place to get it from?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

(If it's a game released in Europe and not something you need to import…)

Play.com - takes about a week for games to get here.

Or try your local Smiths, Gamesworld or Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

not available in europe sadly.
    am i right in thinking that there is an american version of the game?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you search the game forum for “imports” you might find links to imports websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Winning Eleven is most likely the same as the recently released International Superstar Soccer 3 on Gamecube (its also developed by Konami) although its called Jikkyou World Soccer in Japan.
    Winning Eleven is being released in America later this year though, not sure if this includes Gamecube, but if you want to avoid language barriers and a large import then this is your best bet. The game might make it over here, but likely only on the PS2 under the Pro Evolution Soccer name.

I have played Winning Eleven, and I recommend it - great football game. Hope this helps in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think it is probably useful to point out that International Superstar Soccer 3 and Winning Eleven 6 are NOT the same game and do not remotely play the same. They are both created by Konami but by two different wings of the production house.

Winning Eleven is for Gamecube and is by and large the same game as Pro Evolution 2 on PS2. However the Gamecube version is exclusive to Japan (and hence in Japanese!). So you will need to import it and have to get a freeloader disc to play it while you are at it.

There was a previous thread a few days ago on importing games.
    Look down...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

aye, and winning eleven is alledgedly slightly better than pro evo 2.
    seeing as the cube has no decent footy games in europe yet, i think i'll need to splash out
    was hoping to find it for cheap on ebay, but alas no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I know, I was just pointing out an option.

The game retails for $63 (plus shipping and handling) at www.ncsx.com if you want to purchase it from there. They are one of the most reliable import sources on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

i got mine from play-asia.com, hong kong to dublin in 5 days. while your at it pick up a mem card cheap from them too, at least 251 blocks big cos jap games cant share cards with us/euro games, and the game needs about 150 blocks anyway. if you try to save winning eleven on a card with euro game saves it will format it to the jap standard and wipe all your saves(and vice versa).

Advertisement