Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 and service packs

Options
  • 27-07-2003 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can i just get the latest one, or do i have to start from one?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The easiest way to find out is to use Windows Update.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

All Windows service packs are cumulative. This includes Windows 2000 service packs. You just need to install the latest one (which in the case of win2k is service pack 4).

(doesn't necessarily apply to Office service packs though - Office 2000 had a curious mix'n'match affair)

Some people (including Adam if I recall rightly) have reported problems after installing SP4. I reckon you should just install the thing - if you've any problems, uninstall it and install SP3. I had no issues at all & the chances are very high that you won't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

As sceptre said - Win 2K SP4 is the latest...

it has slowed down my boot times slightly but if you have any USB2 gear then it's the dogs proverbials. I have had a USB2 dual bay enclosure for over a year now and only since SP4 have i benn able to use it :)

tribble

Advertisement