Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ntl Digital channel lineup change in August

• 28-07-2003 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Looks like there's a new channel lineup planned over the next few weeks on ntl Digital - channels are being reordered into something similar to the UK. And here I am, just getting used to the current format!

New channels are being added as well, as mentioned previously - Scuzz, Film Four +1, among others. And no, Waterford and Galway aren't included.

That's about all I know right now, not a lot of info on the phone. Should be something sent to customers in the next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Great! I heard about the EPG shake up some time back. Will have to try to get more info on what channels are coming our way!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by That One Guy
    Looks like there's a new channel lineup planned over the next few weeks on ntl Digital - channels are being reordered into something similar to the UK. And here I am, just getting used to the current format!

What ???? Reordered something similar to the UK. Holy Jaysus, that thing's all over the gaff.

UK Channel line-up

You couldn't mess that thing up more if you tried
    New channels are being added as well, as mentioned previously - Scuzz, Film Four +1, among others. And no, Waterford and Galway aren't included.
    Surprise Surprise :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope they dont give us E4 +1, More sh1t but an hour later.

BTW where did you here all this ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 That One Guy

while ordering PPV for tonight.

It's a wrestling PPV, though, so you might discount everything that I've posted simply because of this fact. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    Great! I heard about the EPG shake up some time back. Will have to try to get more info on what channels are coming our way!!!

Are they allowed to totally match the UK, i thought the irish channels had to be 101-104, which is bbc/itv on the uk setup..

Originally posted by GerardKeating
    Are they allowed to totally match the UK, i thought the irish channels had to be 101-104, which is bbc/itv on the uk setup..

Trust me, it'll be nothing like the channel line-up in the UK is at the moment.
    I'm sure they won't change the first 9 or 10 channels in the EPG. All they'll probably do is just reorder the channels in to categories like entertainment, news & documentaries, childrens, movies sports just like they did last year.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's only going to be "based" on the UK layout, ie making more use of the higher channel numbers, like having all Entertainment channels in the 300s as opposed to squashing all the channels in the first 100 positions. Makes sense!! Just hope we now get Challenge!!

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    Yeah it's only going to be "based" on the UK layout, ie making more use of the higher channel numbers, like having all Entertainment channels in the 300s as opposed to squashing all the channels in the first 100 positions. Makes sense!! Just hope we now get Challenge!!

I see what you mean, I could never understand why all the TV channels had to be squashed into the 100's. :confused:
    At least this way if they are to add some more channels in the future there will be plenty of room to put themin their proper section insetad of shoving them somewhere past the other channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

while ordering PPV for tonight.

It's a wrestling PPV, though, so you might discount everything that I've posted simply because of this fact. :rolleyes:

I'd discount it because it came from NTL! :D

Has anybody noticed what was happening on ch #122 (UK Gold) & on ch #170 (UK Drama) just before midnight ?
    UK Horizons was appearing on ch #122 & UK Gold and Showcase tv were on ch #170.
    Maybe they were testing them & they are 2 of the channels that will be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 foxtrot_yankee

Celtic is right. You guys definitely don't want a channel lineup similar to ours!

Ours is being reordered this winter anyway so I don't see the point in having the same lineup as us. No doubt it's cheaper somehow. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I haven't watched TV in two weeks :(. Damn unholy work hours.

I like the idea of say the 100's being entertainment, 200's education, 300's sport and so on. Its leaves ample space for new channel additions in the respective category. Best ntl idea ever, if its true.

Interesting to hear about UK Horizons and Showcase TV....wonder if we'll see anymore suddenly appearing like that over the next few days?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

just when i had learned the numberrs of mty fav channels off by heart
    sigh lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And no, Waterford and Galway aren't included

it looks like i'll be looking for a place in Waterford that will accept a dish. NTL are a joke :mad:

Advertisement