Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Team

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Zidane is a midfielder. Whats wrong with where he has him?

However you might wanna switch Ronaldinho with Zidane cos Ronaldinho DOES NOT play there.

hes best as an attacking mid.

Pires instead of giggs on the left? Seriously?

Djemba Djemba is not even an established player yet...hes only young and learning. And Veron is still around...and why is Beckham in your team then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

1.Zidane is a better playmaker than Rui Costa
    2. Ronaldinho does play in that position for Brazil and PSG in the past.
    3. and yes Pires is almighty compared to Giggs (giggs has missed open goals u no and is not as creative as Pires)

Originally posted by UbahOne
    why is Beckham in your team then?

Bcuz no-one crosses like him and takes free-kicks like him, other than that he's fairly crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Buffon

Thuram Nesta O'Shea Chivu

Figo Gattuso Zidane Duff

F.Inzaghi Raul

i think people should start posting an all time dream team too i just noticed that most teams consist of mainly european players and mine is all european

Inzaghi, me laughs to heart's content (and beyond).:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ERON
    (I cant wait for the "and he cocks up alot off the pitch quotes :P)

I hate when that happens:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Over the last nine years Pippo Inzaghi has a better Goals per game avrage than any that ha played in england or spain in that period.

He might not score great looking goals all the time, but he scores, and that's his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Buffon

Thuram
    Nesta
    Cannavaro
    Rob Carlos

Figo
    Zidane
    Nedved

Raúl

Van Nistelrooy
    Ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

GK: Buffon

DR: Thuram
    DC: Nesta
    DC: Cannavaro
    DL: Chivu

MR: Figo
    ML: Duff(G'wan the Irish)
    MC: Zidane

AMC: Totti

FC:Van Nistelrooy
    FC:Raul

And no Brazilians, I feel proud:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

dudek GK
    finnan DR
    hyypia DC
    henchoz DC
    caragher DL
    smicer MR
    gerrard MC
    kewell AM
    riise ML
    owen SC
    baros SC

Heskey WATERBOY

who in gods name could dissagree with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Well firstly in response to the Dream Team (made up of Liverpool players.... keep dreaming) I could disagree with that team, big time, and I thought I said no more mentioning Heskey! Waterboy or not, I dont want him mentioned in this thread! :)

Anyway, nice team Gomez, and interesting you have no brazilians, but great team all the same.

Gansta, Beckham is a very good player, and from deadball positions he is defenitly one of the best, but to say hes the best for that position, well.... Luis Figo, commentators say he had a terrible season, thats because he didn't score enough goals and because he missed a nice wittle penalty against Juve - the guy is a crossing, deadball and skillful genius, I would have him before Beckham anyday. But I like hearing all these dream teams, tis really quite fun.

Seaneh, Inzaghi is a super striker, but watching him play isn't that exciting... sure if you were an AC Milan fan he would be INCREDIBLE to watch, because he scores, but he usualy doesn't score that good of goals, but yes he gets the job done. To be honest, I would prefer Shevchenko to him, because the big Ukranian gives more to the team in my opinion, as do Raul and Ronaldo, Vieri, Henry, V.Nist, and a few more, I just feel he is too plain of a player (though he does score goals) to be in a skilful dream team + he is knocking it on in years now.

Anyway, this Ronaldihno stuff, he isnt a midfielder, not the kind that people are making him out to be - he is a "just sit me behind the strikers boss!" player, he can be a playmaker but that isn't his natural position. Zidane, he is a midfielder, he just attacks alot because he has Mekelelelelelelele (heh) to play infront of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Eron
    and I thought I said no more mentioning Heskey! Waterboy or not, I dont want him mentioned in this thread!
    Heskey is a very under rated player at the moment! Great team jEt|Dino btw. Not quite sure I'd find room for Smicer and Carragher (he's in my team tho :)), but definitely along the right lines

Heskey is still a very young player and due to the nature of his multi-million pound transfer the expectation is for him to be an immediate success.

Heskey is fast and very powerful - add a few more things to his game like finishing and he'll make a grand waterboy.

Heskey is actually having a fantastic pre-season, obviously it means nothing to beat the crap out of teams ranked roughly 200th by Fifa, but give him time.

Heskey is fast and very powerful - add a few more things to his game like finishing

LOL Considering he was purchased as a striker I find that extreamly Funny. Was it a mistake by GH to Buy a striker that couln,t Finish or is it all part of his materplan that is going to lead to the title next season according to Mr Hamman.

Ps. Now Im Sneering;)

Originally posted by The Muppet
    LOL Considering he was purchased as a striker I find that extreamly Funny. Was it a mistake by GH to Buy a striker that couln,t Finish or is it all part of his materplan that is going to lead to the title next season according to Mr Hamman.

Ps. Now Im Sneering;)
    Don't believe all the hype, Hamman is only trying to detract attention from reports saying that he may (although hopefully won't) be leaving the club.

As for Heskey, I firmly believe he is part of GH's master plan. Playing pre season friendlies in sweltering Hong Kong - what do the players need - water.

You need somebody who can distribute the water quickly (the speed part) and someone who can hold a larger volume of water is a great asset (the strength part). Not quite sure why he needs to develop his finishing - suppose he could come in handy if we are short on subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by p.pete
    Don't believe all the hype, Hamman is only trying to detract attention from reports saying that he may (although hopefully won't) be leaving the club.

Its all academic now, seeing as he is out injured til november (earliest)

...what was that about not needing another midfielder?
    As for Heskey, [/B]

ya know for a second there I thought you were defending him and in denial of the fact the guy should be playing rugby or something...I felt like I didn't know you....

thankfully its just that I'm busy and didn't read your posts properly...so common sense prevails....

• Advertisement

My Dream team for United next season:

Massimo Taibi - GK
    Gary Neville - DR
    Laurant Blanc -DC
    Gary Breen - DC
    Ian Harte - DL
    Steve Stone- MR
    Juan Veron - MC
    Matt Holland - MC
    Jesper Blomkvist - ML
    Ade Akinbiyi - FC
    Diego Forlan - FC

....if only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

no heskey , man go **** yourself

Even in failure Heskey doesn't cut it...

they guy has nothing going for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

What the f*ck? Heskey isn't on any of these teams. Muppets.

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Even in failure Heskey doesn't cut it...

they guy has nothing going for him.
    Except strength and speed (not in the Henry school of speed obviously, fast for a mule).

Oh, money also:D

• Advertisement

My Dream team for United next season:

Massimo Taibi - GK
    Gary Neville - DR
    Laurant Blanc -DC
    Gary Breen - DC
    Ian Harte - DL
    Steve Stone- MR
    Juan Veron - MC
    Matt Holland - MC
    Jesper Blomkvist - ML
    Ade Akinbiyi - FC
    Diego Forlan - FC

....if only
    Tut tut, no David May?

Tut tut, no David May?

He retired I think....

and folks, there can only be eleven on the field from the one team (even Fergie hasn't managed to get around that rule yet).

Tut tut, no David May?
    He retired I think....

Alas True. But you never know now that hamman is out Houlier may coax David out of retirment. Its all part of his masterplan from the baldrick school of football to convince the other premiership managers that he hasn,t got a clue. And you know what I think its working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

i thought this was about a DREAM TEAM ie not a single liverpool player being on the team. And no irish players either apart from Duff and O Shea(possibly) and Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

could people please stop talking about liverpool as none of their players deserve to be on a world dream teem (although Heskey is a fairly impreesive waterboy) Owen only scores in internationals and Kewell is a very good player but knowhere near the worlds elite

PPEAT utd dream team
    Diego Forlan - FC

Sorry for going off topic

Pete you may regret that selection . I saw diego the other night in the club america friendly. He scored a brace and looked very sharp. No Sign of his headless chicken impression at all.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Pete you may regret that selection . I saw diego the other night in the club america friendly. He scored a brace and looked very sharp. No Sign of his headless chicken impression at all.
    But twas not me that picked the united team - twas the Forest supporter.

My teams on page 1 and includes the likes of Chivu and Carragher.

tuxx, everyone dreams of different things - I dream that Liverpool have the exact same players that they have, except in my dream they all know how to play football.

except in my dream they all know how to play football.

In America, they do!!!! ......or at least the back 4 (6) do.

(although Owen makes a good wide receiver)

In America, they do!!!! ......or at least the back 4 (6) do.

(although Owen makes a good wide receiver)
    I suppose your dream is take 11 half decent but unexceptional players - give them an attacking style and then stick them in a lower division so that you can delude yourself that they are half decent?

except in my dream they all know how to play football.

ROFL:D !

• Advertisement

I suppose your dream is take 11 half decent but unexceptional players - give them an attacking style and then stick them in a lower division so that you can delude yourself that they are half decent?

When have I ever had delusions.

I said I thought they'd be slaughtered in the premiership had they been promoted (of course at the end I cheered for them, but I still knew they'd have been a yoyo team).

If they keep their best young players and sign one or two they can build.

Incidently, Dawson has exceptional potential and will one day be an exceptional player (Liverpool are interested it seems) and Andy Reid and John Thompson aren't far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Right, guys stop naming ****ty second rate teams, this is a dream team section, not a pitty section for United reserves, and their equals... Liverpool first teamers (quote me, come on, I dare ya :)) Anyway, getting back to whats important (Not Man U and Liverpool) I think this thread is going to crap, so guys stop argueing over Heskey (damnit stop mentioning him) because he is a boxer... I would actually pay to see him box with Sol Campbell, heh.... Name out more dream teams, not teams that would dream of being a dream team.

P-pete
    I dream that Liverpool have the exact same players that they have, except in my dream they all know how to play football.

Alas For me that would be a nightmare.

sorry for the mis quote it wa sthat long quote in your post that threw me.

So Sykeirl is a forest supporter {sn1gger}. He should have picked a team that Forest could beat then.

Originally posted by Eron
    Right, guys stop naming ****ty second rate teams, this is a dream team section, not a pitty section for United reserves, and their equals... Liverpool first teamers (quote me, come on, I dare ya :)) Anyway, getting back to whats important (Not Man U and Liverpool) I think this thread is going to crap, so guys stop argueing over Heskey (damnit stop mentioning him) because he is a boxer... I would actually pay to see him box with Sol Campbell, heh.... Name out more dream teams, not teams that would dream of being a dream team.
    Relax would ye, it makes for a very uninteresting thread just seeing a list of names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eric The Red

I don't want to talk about dream teams . . . . unless we're talkin about Manchester United!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

Oh for Chris* sake . . . not another wanabee united fan with a total memory loss before 1993 !

Liverpool have won more trophies than any united team ever will Baros would leave Van N looking for his mammy !

Advertisement