Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

b'day

• 28-07-2003 1:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone's around this (Monday) evening, drop into the Franciscan Well for a few pints. Sorry for the short notice, I kinda forgot it was my bufday, which probably shows how old I'm getting. Bring presents. And girls.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

i dont know you but any excuse to have a party! Wheres this well you talk of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

CorkWan thingy on tonight but am trying to arrange for us all to attend your soiree instead.

You do need some sort of rentamob like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

happy birthday adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

My birthday was on the 29th of July, Go me!!........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Well Congratulations to you Generate :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Darth, happy bday D-Generate. One of my buddies has his birthday on the 27th, so next year we'll all get together and get a bouncy castle in the Fransciscan Well, how's that sound? :)

Yellum, you're an unreliable sod.

adam

Yes Adam I am. I'm sorry. I'll buy you pints next time we meet. I swear !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

belated happy birthday wishes from myself and all at Rymus Ltd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Apologies mate, I was there... The Cork Camarilla meet up there on Mondays. If I'd known I'd have popped down and gotten you a pint.

Happy Birthday :)

-Pádraig

Thanks lads and/or lasses. I reckon there's a fair chance I'll be in there every Monday from now on, I like the lads who play in the corner on Monday's, 'specially the guy with the wind instruments. So to speak. Ask Rachael for Adam, I'll be the one she points and laughs at. I've gone off the Friar Weiss now though, it doesn't agree with me so I'm back on the Rebel Lager*.

adam

*This is a hint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by dahamsta
    *This is a hint.

Subtle as ever !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Kopparberg pear is so much nicer then rebel larger :)

Belated happy birthday

Thanks Molly. Is that the pear cider stuff, yeah? It'd rip me guts out. (This from a Heineken drinker.:))

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Happy yesterbirthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BoobeR
    Happy yesterbirthday.
    I must file that away for future use.

Happy yesterbirthday Adam.

Where is the Franciscan Well then? And is there really a Rebel Lager or is this just a euphemism for locally-brewed Dutch stuff?

Originally posted by Molly
    Kopparberg pear is so much nicer then rebel larger :)

Its gorgeous stuff. Yum.

Heh, I just noticed that molly called it Rebel Larger. How appropriate!

Thanks sceptre. Yes, there's a Rebel Larger, and an award-winning Rebel Red too. The Well is: cross the bridge at the Gate cinema, turn left and it's half way along the quay on the other side of the road.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Surprisingly it doesn't do anything to your stomach. i thought it would (seeing as i have a really weak stomach) but it's fine. It's probably the only alcohol i could see myself drinking if it was a normal drink :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I've gone off the Friar Weiss now though, it doesn't agree with me so I'm back on the Rebel Lager*.

I was there last night.. mobbed...had the Friar Weiss. It's nice but seems stronger than Schneider or Erdinger. I only had 4 pints, loads of water went I wnet home and still have a wee cloudiness in my head.

The beer there is good though and I like their stout.

Originally posted by Molly
    Surprisingly it doesn't do anything to your stomach. i thought it would (seeing as i have a really weak stomach) but it's fine. It's probably the only alcohol i could see myself drinking if it was a normal drink :)
    Ackshully it's not so much the acid as the sweetness. Sweet drinks feel like cheating. :)

adam

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement