Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB is total crap

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by UbahOne
    This thread is now bull****. Shouldnt we lock it?
    Well I'm d/ling a 600mb HL2 trailer, I need something to keep me entertained for the next 40 minutes. This thread is doing just the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i agree with the whole "this post made no sence from the 3th post"

and since we have all tryed explaning to richard but he wont listen to us .....Their,s no point of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Well...i don't know her well enough to say either way. You are all new to me and the personalities are somewhat....different, from what i am used to.

Internet wise.

My comment about the 56k modem not downloading at 56k/sec was obviously sarcastic...everyone else got the joke!

Next time you ring up IOL demand one of those nifty George Foreman USB iGrills as compensation

Next time you ring up IOL demand one of those nifty George Foreman USB iGrills as compensation

:D:D:D:D:D

Bahahahahha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by eth0_
    My comment about the 56k modem not downloading at 56k/sec was obviously sarcastic...everyone else got the joke!

It was not very funny, it was just aimed to suggest i was thick...as if a 56K modem would transfer downloads at 56K.
    Obviously it won't...that's your connection speed...maxium.

Same as DSL has a connection speed of 512K and the maxium one could expect would be around 52-53K. On the first day i acheived such speeds...not any longer.

I understand how DSL works fully, and yet the central point has still been missed, i am not the only one who has complained about the quality of service and download speeds with IOLBB.

At any time of the day or night i should be hitting these download peaks, but due to net congestion and the contention rate i can no longer acheive this.

I never once suggest that i could download files at 512K...that's not how DSL works, but i should be seeing files download at a minimum of 30k, and upto 52K.

Is that not reasonable?, surely this is the very point of having a broadband service, to transfere files at a greater speed then 56K dial up. I think so...i think that is why well all paid over good money for a product.

We were all sold on this idea of high speed and right now many customers are not getting the kind of service as advertised.

And i have invested over €2,500 on a top of the line PC, custom built to my own high standard...two SATA Raptor drives set up for RAID 0, 10,000 RPM, 36.7GB. GA-8KNXP mobo, Corsair TwinX PC3200LLPT 2x512MB.

Guess i will have to suffer on in silence, or one could ask the moderator to delete the entire thread....either way Esat customers get screwed.

No one ever denied the fact IOL BB is, tbh, a pile of sh1t at the moment. But i'm sure it's being worked on. Fact is, complaining about it here isn't going to do much good, it's evident the powers that be in esat don't read these forums/take them seriously...

Anyway, i'm going to bed, night night comedy forum.

Richard

We esat customer,s are here and we talk about the problum of the service,s most of us have accpted the fact that more than likely esat will fix the problum in time

Though all your adding to the whole thing is my want to blow my head off after 2 day,s of this thread

For godsake man stop acting like your a one man army crusadeing against the evil esat ..............

Esat we all hope will fix the problum

Originally posted by bizmark
    Richard

We esat customer,s are here and we talk about the problum of the service,s most of us have accpted the fact that more than likely esat will fix the problum in time

Though all your adding to the whole thing is my want to blow my head off after 2 day,s of this thread

For godsake man stop acting like your a one man army crusadeing against the evil esat ..............

Esat we all hope will fix the problum

I hope so :(
    At least i entertained you guys while you were all downloading at 52K :mad:

You guys are gonna love me in time, trust me ;)

Unfortunately I was only getting 40kb/s but that's cause it was a slow server :)

When all you IOL ppl do get your connections fixed, go d/l the big HL 2 trailer!

• Advertisement

You guys are gonna love me in time, trust me

well i guess anything possible :p

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Unfortunately I was only getting 40kb/s but that's cause it was a slow server :)

We all you IOL ppl do get your connections fixed, go d/l the big HL 2 trailer!

Git... :mad:
    Although i personally i am waiting on Doom III, i bought the Creative FX5900 Ultra, €675.

It's fast as **** at 1600x1200 with all detail levels high, i've been playing Soldier OF Fortune II on it.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I
    You guys are gonna love me in time, trust me ;)

I have my doubts as to whether youll last long enough.

Stop spamming for jesus sake.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I have my doubts as to whether youll last long enough.

Stop spamming for jesus sake.

Last long enough?...what is the worse that can happen, my account cancelled. I am not spamming anyone or anything...i am conversing with others and replying to people.

Which is what a forum is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Last long enough?...what is the worse that can happen, my account cancelled. I am not spamming anyone or anything...i am conversing with others and replying to people.

Which is what a forum is for.

A gathering card is needed. This gets my vote.

tirelessrebutter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Got reply back saying it will be fixed by tonights peak and the engineers are working on it. If you ask me, its a quick fix to get me off their case. But we will see...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Eppppppppp im going to be building my own pc (first time) how did you manage to blow the thing up ?

Turned on the PC without properly attaching the heatsink (ie not at all). I was very tired after trying to sort a 'cmos checksum error' for the last 6 hrs. I eventually learned that the cpu was faulty but seeing as it was slightly burned i didnt think i could return it (or anythhing else that got err toasted ;) )

FYI: 512k = 512k (thousand bits) = 64K (thousand bytes, not 52)
    Was some confusion over this earlier i believe.

Also etho_: i know it was a joke but ur joke is flawed :p
    56K is an analogue device and connection speeds will differ. Digital devices should always connect at maximum speed.ie id be might pissed off if my ISDN connected at anything other than 64k ;)
    Wether you download at that speed is another matter. (which is what this thread has beend ealing with.)

Now could you stop posting so much at night cos people look at me strangely in work when i have this much reading to do when i should be working :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

<lart>
    Sometimes I wonder why newbies can't figure out why leased lines cost a lot more than the contended bandwidth of ADSL.

The purer the bandwidth - the higher the cost. ADSL is by its very nature contended. RADSL is the bargain basement of DSL services and it is a mass market product intended to serve the low end of the market. Then comes the Business ADSL - the contention rates are lower but the prices are a bit higher. At the top of the tier are the leased lines - the bandwidth is guaranteed but the price is correspondingly high. If IOL, Esat or Eircom decided to give residential users the same kind of guaranteed bandwidth as leased line business customers, a lot of account executives would be buying one-way tickets and false passports. Either that or the Chianti sales would be up again. ;)
    </lart>
    Regards...jmcc

Originally posted by jmcc
    <lart>
    Sometimes I wonder why newbies can't figure out why leased lines cost a lot more than the contended bandwidth of ADSL.

The purer the bandwidth - the higher the cost. ADSL is by its very nature contended. RADSL is the bargain basement of DSL services and it is a mass market product intended to serve the low end of the market. Then comes the Business ADSL - the contention rates are lower but the prices are a bit higher. At the top of the tier are the leased lines - the bandwidth is guaranteed but the price is correspondingly high. If IOL, Esat or Eircom decided to give residential users the same kind of guaranteed bandwidth as leased line business customers, a lot of account executives would be buying one-way tickets and false passports. Either that or the Chianti sales would be up again. ;)
    </lart>
    Regards...jmcc

Well...if it means paying €90 a month for a guaranteed service and low contention rate, i'm happy as a pig in **** to pay.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

90 + VAT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Thats right, its actually about 112 yoyo's which is a hell of a lot of money IMO. I am hoping that the price comes down soon enough. Did you know that if you want to upgrade from IOL RADSL to IOL ADSL you have to pay an installation fee as if you are a new customer?

Originally posted by Spud_Gun
    Thats right, its actually about 112 yoyo's which is a hell of a lot of money IMO. I am hoping that the price comes down soon enough. Did you know that if you want to upgrade from IOL RADSL to IOL ADSL you have to pay an installation fee as if you are a new customer?

And your dsl service can be ceased for up to 20 days while you're changed over. I can understand why you'd have to pay another install fee...you're being moved to another DSLAM, you're getting a router too (I *think* the zyxel modem won't work with esat's adsl product)...no such thing as a free lunch etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well...if it means paying €90 a month for a guaranteed service and low contention rate, i'm happy as a pig in **** to pay.

;)

Its still not guarenteed uptime in the same sense as a leased line is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Omg richard please stop the spamming and never post on boards again :rolleyes:

Persoanlly I feel for you I do , but you know what I do when I have a problem I listen to Massive Attack - Teardrops-mp3

fux what a song :)

Me larfs at you all **** sake its been what a few days give esat some time a business as big as themselves those not want to lose the clienttell it has specailly when it is fighting opposiiotn lioke eircom and netsource ,

next time when you ring a person have some clue as to what your getting yourself into , I mean **** you wouldnt take out a mortgage without haveing some competence in the service?

On a side note I feel for you I reall do lol but netsource was the same till they got the new 155 meg pipe, and as for why do they say you can get speeds of 512 when you cant. Well I do believe you said you got it from microsoft so dont contradict yourself please.

then again me just druels about my esat bt BUSINESS package which will be set up in t-minus 19 days ahh the joys 20:1 8 meg and im on the sligo xchange so im lucky if ne one in sligo even knows what dsl is :) my my and I know nearly everyone I have spoken to about esat bt business are gettign fixed download speed of up to 55kbs a sec , and pings of 20ms to irish and 30ms to english servers.

as for iolbb capped service, **** give them time they purchase more bandwith to shut your ass whinning if not for anything else , I mean Id pay to shut you up

whine whine whine whine whine whine :rolleyes: morons 2k

Massive Attack - Teardrops-mp3

Originally posted by sReq | uTeK

Persoanlly I feel for you I do , but you know what I do when I have a problem I listen to Massive Attack - Teardrops-mp3

You're my hero!
    That is all.

sReq | uTeK

their,s a fine line between posting and out right flameing you my friend have crosed that line

Ye man you're totally overreacting.
    You're my hero! That is all.

You're obviously just as bad as he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

okie dokie i dont think theres much use left in this thread tbh.. im flyin it on IOL BB atm... alls good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

is this prat still here?
    **** OFF BACK TO IDIOTSVILLE RICHARD!

• Advertisement

Lads, chill the jets...relax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement