Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB is total crap

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by sReq | uTeK
    Omg richard please stop the spamming and never post on boards again :rolleyes:

Persoanlly I feel for you I do , but you know what I do when I have a problem I listen to Massive Attack - Teardrops-mp3

fux what a song :)

Me larfs at you all **** sake its been what a few days give esat some time a business as big as themselves those not want to lose the clienttell it has specailly when it is fighting opposiiotn lioke eircom and netsource ,

next time when you ring a person have some clue as to what your getting yourself into , I mean **** you wouldnt take out a mortgage without haveing some competence in the service?

On a side note I feel for you I reall do lol but netsource was the same till they got the new 155 meg pipe, and as for why do they say you can get speeds of 512 when you cant. Well I do believe you said you got it from microsoft so dont contradict yourself please.

then again me just druels about my esat bt BUSINESS package which will be set up in t-minus 19 days ahh the joys 20:1 8 meg and im on the sligo xchange so im lucky if ne one in sligo even knows what dsl is :) my my and I know nearly everyone I have spoken to about esat bt business are gettign fixed download speed of up to 55kbs a sec , and pings of 20ms to irish and 30ms to english servers.

as for iolbb capped service, **** give them time they purchase more bandwith to shut your ass whinning if not for anything else , I mean Id pay to shut you up

whine whine whine whine whine whine :rolleyes: morons 2k

Massive Attack - Teardrops-mp3

Some rude people in these forums, moderator...please by all means, delete this thread.

Originally posted by fisty
    is this prat still here?
    **** OFF BACK TO IDIOTSVILLE RICHARD!

Rude once again, i've had years of flame proofing from usnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Rude once again, i've had years of flame proofing from usnet.

You've been flamed for years on usenet? With your posting style i'm not surprised...haven't you learnt anything? There you go again, quoting 50 irrelevent lines of text from sreq...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Ye man you're totally overreacting.

You're obviously just as bad as he is.

His line about massive attack was the heroics, not the rest of what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is it my imagination or has IOL improved over the last couple of days. Last evening the download speeds were in excess of 47K for me in Swords where previously at evening times 3 - 10 were the norm !!!

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by tinky
    Is it my imagination or has IOL improved over the last couple of days. Last evening the download speeds were in excess of 47K for me in Swords where previously at evening times 3 - 10 were the norm !!!

Tinky
    They've more bandwidth, it's been talked about here or in one of the other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

They have indeed improved according to this and other threads.
    -snip-
    which will be set up in t-minus 19 days ahh the joys 20:1 8 meg
    -snip-

If your a business customer (ie getting it for a company) then thats 19 working days ;)
    If not accounts may be on to you asking for a deposit, they were on to me yesterday (well my contact in EsatBT was). Apparently they wanted a deposit of €125 (installation) but since im only paying half that install fee i only have to pay hald that deposit wise :)

Officially i should be switched on by end of next week but i have a feeling the 19 days starts now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

The cap is on downloads only according to the person I was talking. So according to IOL phone people, the 5GB cap is on data transfer and downloads. How can these people not know these answers to the most basic questions! Does anyone have an IOL application form? Does it say whether its a download or data transfer cap on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

You will be entitled to download up to 5 Gigabytes of information in any given month. If you go over this limit then we reserve the right to charge you for any additional downloaded material (at 3cent inc VAT per MB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Then why are some people in IOL saying that this is a data transfer rate, i.e. that you upload is included in the 5GB cap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

take them to the letter, if your contract says "you are entitled to DOWNLOAD...." then upload away, and if they try and make you pay for uploading 10 gigs, show them you're contract. They can't touch you if it says download in the contract.

Spud just think about this logically for a second...Is there a download limit? "You are entitled to download up to 5gb of data in any given month".

DOWNLOAD. IOL must be retarded or something...it says it there.

PS: Mutant_fruit, i went into Game on grafton street yesterday to buy half life and they were looking for 30yo yo's. so i walked it...came home here and was told about play.com. Bought it for 7.99 including free delivery...

Originally posted by eth0_
    You've been flamed for years on usenet? With your posting style i'm not surprised...haven't you learnt anything? There you go again, quoting 50 irrelevent lines of text from sreq...

It is routine to quote the person whom you are responding to, just as the text above is what i am responding to now.

Might be irrevelent to you, but it's routine from all the newsgroups and forums i have subscribed to quote the person in full so as others understand the context to which you are responding.

Just ignore her...dont get involved.

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Just ignore her...dont get involved.

Is she cute? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

this really is completely off topic but:

yes its polite to quote relevant bits, not the whole damn post ;)
    Reason people complain is that it makes the page that much longer and for the poor people on 56k this can cause a lot of extra data* if everyone did it. Dont forget the poor people on 56k (ISDN) now that your on broadband ;)

*ok this is a bit of a lie, doubt it causes that much extra data but it makes the page look messy and is unecessary.

Is she cute? ;)
    Too cute for you busta ;) *

*I've never met Etho_ so the above may or may not be true
    Just thought i put this in before people try to ridicule my posts for giving some mis-information (Esat style)

soz for the totally off topic post :ninja:

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    yes its polite to quote relevant bits, not the whole damn post ;)
    Reason people complain is that it makes the page that much longer and for the poor people on 56k this can cause a lot of extra data* if everyone did it. Dont forget the poor people on 56k (ISDN) now that your on broadband ;)

That's cool...i shall endeavour to snip, cut and edit some more, ooh...i bet i need to spellcheck also, right Etho?

Too cute for you busta ;)

I've never met Etho_ so the above may or may not be true
    Just thought i put this in before people try to ridicule my posts for giving some mis-information (Esat style)

She's feisty Ms. Etho...kinda girl you wanna teach, she's a peach.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

You are not sharing 512kbps with 47 other people. The actual value is much higher depending on your exchange, but the limit at which your connection will work is 512kbps.

Originally posted by fatguy
    You are not sharing 512kbps with 47 other people. The actual value is much higher depending on your exchange, but the limit at which your connection will work is 512kbps.

We've established this, now we need to establish a way to block all 47 others people so one can hog the DSL line for themselves.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Locked gone far too off thread
    and watch what your saying people
    or you will get a ban.

Coyote

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement