Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Argos LCD's

• 28-07-2003 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Argos has a new catalog out.. some new LCD monitors in it.. i think there is about 5 in total now. Only the one they had in the last catalog is now €10 more expensive :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Do they have the Plasma displays in it? They are on the site, havent seen the new catalog yet.

As its relevant, Ill repost my [unanswered] Home Entertainment post here:

I found that www.bestbuy.co.uk offer a brand new model Samsung PPM-42 S3 for £1878 inc vat (€2,638.81). http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/cgi-bin/frames.pl?offerID=6&

This is the newer model to the S2 series that recieved luke warm [user] reviews. However, the S3 looks quite nice and that price is basically unbeatable. AFAIK, Currys in ireland are selling the Samsung S2 series for €4600.

However... this Bestbuy crowd are a bit odd. They claim about 28days delivery time and have no references (from past customers) online I could find.

If they are legit then the best I can figure is that they are running a "Lets Buy it.com" style mass order = reduced price scheme, hence the long delivery wait.

What do you think?
    Anyone know of other cheap Plasmas (ex demo etc considered too)?

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No Plasma TV's in the Irish one... they dont even have Widescreen TV's these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Matt try www.gemma.co.uk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Heh, nice screen, but about €600 out of my price range.

You dont happen to work for them do you?

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no not at all just bought a shuttle sn45 from them, they do pretty good prices on them and decent delivery to ireland aswell :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement