Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats have taken over my Garden....

Options
  • 28-07-2003 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

....and are using it to poop.

Neighbours, two doors from me have 2 cats. These cats have told their homeless friends to come stay. 8 cats. 1 cat has kittens. 13 cats. I now see another female is heavily pregnant. More cats. Yay !

My neighbour feeds all these cats and they live in his back garden/shed. Naturally they roam around from garden to garden.

The problem is this; My back garden and that of my neighbours on either side have become no go areas due to the amount of cat ****. On one side they have a 4 year old child who is not allowed to play in the garden due to conditions, on the other, a pregnant woman who is scared of catching a disease from all the crap.
    The point is, there are 3 households who cannot use their own gardens due to the lack of consideration of a neighbour.

We have all brought this up with the neighbour in question who acknowledges the problem but does nothing about it.

Does anyone have any advice on practical courses of action to sort this out.

I am an animal lover but I'm at the stage where poison seems to be the only option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Unfortuately, there is no realistic way to stop kitties seeing ur garden as anything more than a giant litter tray, short of getting a dog lol ;)

I recommend you contact an organisation called The Cat Protection Society and they will come out catch them and do their best to rehome as many as possible.

Have you tried talking to the neighbour and telling him that its getting out of control? He probably dosent reasile that as soon as the food supplies go they will likely move on.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd go with Dawntreader's suggestion. Talk to your neighbour again, point out to him that this is not going to work out. Your garden is there for a reason, and if you can't use it you're obviously going to be a bit miffed to say the least. If he doesn't do anything, have the Cat Protection Society come round to give the cats to people that actually want them.

What I don't understand is *why* people like your neighbour keep cats. He obviously doesn't want them, and doesn't pay attention to them. Does he have some sort of mouse-phobia?

Advertisement