Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argh help needed on mirc

• 28-07-2003 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I'm trying to connect but it keeps saying cannot connect to firewall?
    HELP!!!!

Kate

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it workin ok for u now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You in college if you are:

Click on options in File-> Options or ALt-O
    Then move down to firewall.
    then click on the server option box.
    Next change the Protocol to proxy and type in proxy into hostname section.
    Change the port to 8080 and try connecting again. If this doesnt work then they must have changed the firewall settings.

If your at home :

Then just disable the firewall server option box and if that doest work then its beyond my limited understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

now it says
    Firewall; unable to find firewall address

admins must have coped on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

hahahaha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

hehehehe
    maybe they finally got inteligent:P
    took there time though

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

maybe they finally realised that they have the power and are now abusing it in a manner that will piss people off enough to send teriable terry tate on their asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

if that continues when im there ; will declare war on them
    think war of the buttons - except with CPU's, and less tractors!

1 yr college no proper irc - just about manage
    4 months work no proper irc - managing whilst loosing sanity

4 yrs college no irc - might actually pass
    [although be very pissed and in need of much irc when do pass - then fall into drunken stupor, forget everything leanrt in 4yrs, and revert to how i am now...]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by stevenk
    hahahaha
    what (S)he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

considering I'm on IRC now I'll have to agree with Ruaidhri and Steve However ITs empty :(

Advertisement