Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL usage stats WRONG by >10GB

Options
  • 28-07-2003 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

OK, I've just got a shock. Went to dslstats.eircom.net to check how my dsl allowance was getting on, only to find the following friendly message:

"Your download allowance of 4000MB has been exceeded.
    Excess of 12077MB at 3 cents per MB is €362.31
    Thank you for using eircom.net"

I DIDN'T DOWNLOAD THAT MUCH! I am POSITIVE I've downloaded way less than that, probably under 3 gigs. Now I've heard eircom don't really have any system to bill usage anyway, but if they slap a bill on me, what can I do?

Any ideas?

(don't say sign up with netsource :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

This was the only thread on Boards where an Eircom employee rode promptly to the rescue. You may wish to PM and Mail him and mention that the stats may be gone wobbly again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=97139&highlight=stats

He will fix it ! Remember his job is dodgy stats pages not anything else.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flimjam

yay! cheers muck, I feel a *whole* lot better now... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Muck
    He will fix it ! Remember his job is dodgy stats pages not anything else.

M
    I think thats a little unfair, muck, eircomnet sys admins aren't exactly the biddys you refer to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

as in DONT ASK HIM 1st line tech support questions or otherwise annoy him except about the stats page for which he accepted responsibility in the past and fixed it PDQ as well...see his last post on the matter.

How is that unfair JD any more than a €360 Bill would be ????

M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Muck
    as in DONT ASK HIM 1st line tech support questions or otherwise annoy him except about the stats page for which he accepted responsibility in the past and fixed it PDQ as well...see his last post on the matter.

How is that unfair JD ????

M

oops
    thought you meant that is all he does on his job...
    :)
    nbeed more coffee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

well mine was not that bad , 2 days ago i only had 53% used , tonight it now tells me i have used 103% that page is really messed up , i was planning on downloading over the next couple of days so the other 47% would not go to waste.

Advertisement