Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish hardrive data recovery service!

Options
  • 28-07-2003 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is the right board but Im sure you guys would have a good idea of what if anything I can do........

Im lookings for a hardrive data recovery service in the Rep Of Ireland

My hardrive is knackered for sure but I really need to get two files (midi information only 1mb each) off of it and am getting desperate.

Anyone know of a data recovery service operating in Ireland?

Many thanks

Btw Im using win98 if that makes any difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i know of a piece of software that can do it.
    Easy Recovery Professional.
    There is no point in downloading the trial version as it only tells you what files it can recover, wont let you recover them. You will need to buy the full thing.

well i suppose you should try the trial version first to see if it can recover the files.
    And you will need another hard drive to recover the files too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Thanks for the reply
    Unfortunately this software works only with win2k and xp as far as I know!
    Im running win98
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

no it doesnt
    i ran it on windows 95!

worked perfect

Originally posted by GUI
    no it doesnt
    i ran it on windows 95!

worked perfect

Thanks GUI

My problem is though that the actual hardrive is knackered not that files have been corrupted or accidentally deleted.

Have you used the product in this type of situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

I have a cd a mate of mine put togeather - the easy recovery boot cd. Has all sorts of usefull applications including disk recovery software. I've ssen it used quite successfully to recover data off a formatted harddrive and a harddrive that was very definitly on the way out - bios would only detect it about a third of the time... but yeah, you're welcome to try that if you want a copy.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Virus_Inc
    I have a cd a mate of mine put togeather - the easy recovery boot cd. Has all sorts of usefull applications including disk recovery software. I've ssen it used quite successfully to recover data off a formatted harddrive and a harddrive that was very definitly on the way out - bios would only detect it about a third of the time... but yeah, you're welcome to try that if you want a copy.

Definitaly give that a try, thanks very much!
    :D

But I have a sneaky suspicion it may have even gone past that!
    When I start the pc theres an actual banging noise from the drive as if the arm(?) that reads the data of the hardrive is either sticking or just completely going clean across the disk and hitting the other side!
    Im not sure if the bios even picks up the hardrive (doubt it)
    Iv hopefully got a guy who knows a bit about pcs looking at it in the next few days.
    If he says the bios is seeing the hardrive Ill get in touch with you!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

If its making banging noises then remove it from the computer and dont power it up untill you're going to try recovery - preferably in a different machince.
    Worked on a computer that sounded similar, except it wasn't the hdd that was at fault - it was the IDE controller which gave up the ghost and managed to force the hdd to beat itself to death with it's own armature. Reckon the disk would've been fine if I had taken it out as soon as the machine started playing up but instead I ended up lifting the cover off to find one of the heads had come into rather violent contact with the disk, scouring chunks out of it. Not the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Try these guys. Should be exactly what you're looking for....

http://www.motherboard.ie/html/data_recovery.htm

davej

Originally posted by Virus_Inc
    Worked on a computer that sounded similar, except it wasn't the hdd that was at fault - it was the IDE controller which gave up the ghost and managed to force the hdd to beat itself to death with it's own armature

Im pretty sure its not an IDE controller (dont even know what that is!:D )
    As Iv installed a new hardrive on the pc and its working perfectly

However many thanks for your tips!

Originally posted by davej
    Try these guys. Should be exactly what you're looking for....

http://www.motherboard.ie/html/data_recovery.htm

davej

Thanks davej Ill ring em tommorow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement