Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Guide to good computing'

• 28-07-2003 5:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Came up with an idea last night and i hope ye can help me.
    Basicly it's the 'Boards.ie Guide to good computing'.

I was thinking if I was to post a topic, lets just say hard drives, people could resond with all the information they have about hd's and tips and tricks. and once, the list is big enough, we move on to another device and so on. Once hardware is covered, we could move on to software or the web or networking and so on and so forth until we compile an awsome list of information all all aspects of the computing world.

If anyone agrees with this idea let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

nice ida .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Lets get it started soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Good Idea TomTom, Start it off at motherboards, there is a bit to them yokes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Was going to start with "Recommended software"
    I want one of the mods to get back to me.
    Hopefull create a thread called recommended software and let everyone put in software with an explination on why they recommend it. All types of software to be covered.
    e.g. cover all the compression progs and browsers and such, was going to start with hardware but I have to get the idea out there first and everyone has an input into software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm trying to pm you, your inbox is full. Also can't email you through boards.. this is a good idea, just email me :) newfoundwealth at hotmail dot com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Sounds like a great idea, but are you going to narrow down topics? .. just "software" would result in an unholy mess of a thread ... nice little topics like "email clients", "file downloading utilities" etc ... maybe a scoring system like "+1 for freeware" and "-3 for banner ads" (just cuz its freeware dosent automatically make it great)....

PS .. Gerry, that email addy looks like something youd see in a spam mail for a pyramid marketing scheme :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I dont think Gerry ever found his wealth :)

I'd agree though stuff like softwares a bit too general... utilities or something would be more along this forums lines..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I think Gerry doesn't want the bots to steal his email and send spam.

Great idea TomTom I think the hardware aspect would be especially useful, particularly to those who are putting together new systems and arn't sure what to look for.
    It would make for a great website. I'd help in that regard if you're interested.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

e-mail sent to gerry, hope to start with software:browsers.

My e-mail is tomtom at boards dot ie so e-mail me with ideas.

Advertisement