Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fiat brava 1.2 hsx

Options
  • 28-07-2003 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,just wondering do anyone of ye have any experiences of this car which i am thinking of trading up from my punto 75 elx.Any help would be appreciated,cheers...ps milage would be 50,000

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I don't think there's any such thing, there's an SX and a HLX. The 1.2 is the second version of the Bravo and has replaced the 1.4 engine around 1999/2000. It's quite a nippy engine for a 1.2, it has more power than the 1.4 engine in the Ford Focus for example. Don't mind any stories you've heard about Fiats these days, these are mostly based upon the older cars which did have reliability problems, the Bravo is as reliable as many other car supposedly 'better' cars.

Any issues that the older 1.4 model had have been resolved and overall it's a very good car for the money and comes with a good specification plus it can look very good !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Having had a Punto yourself I'm sure you're aware that all this s***e about FIAT (Fix It Again Tomorrow) is in fact s***e !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Hmmm, my parents had a brava 1.2 on loan for a while since their own car was being repaired. The engine is fine and lively as has been said already, but the car was not very well put together - there were bits of trim hanging off, the doors were stiff to close, etc. The car did not have a huge amount of mileage on it, and it didn't look like a car that had seen a hard life. Go figure.... I know I'd never buy one.

Advertisement