Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning Shy?

• 28-07-2003 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I've got a strange problem and I do not know what I should / can do.

You see, I'm generally a very outspoken and loud person as almost anyone who knows me can verify, and yet I seem to have been struck dumb and stupid in the last few days.

It is like this, I was with a guy who's a friend of a friend and who I talk to occasionally, I only just moved to Galway for the summer and I don't know that many people but most of them are in the same situation so we all tended to hang around in 2 sorta gangs, with a bit of interaction between them.

It was one of the lad's birthdays last week and I ended up snogging a guy who hangs around with some of the other people and despite being naturally confident and flirtatious, I haven't been able to string more than 3 words together when he's around and we're never alone to talk and he seems to be shy.

It's so bizarre, usually I can talk away to absolutely anyone and yet, despite the fact I've snogged the guy, I'm afraid of talking to him for fear that he'll laugh at me, he was pretty drunk when we were together and I think I'm afraid he's regretting it. We're both getting slagged by our respective mates.

I think it's too late to text him (he knows I don't have his number and it'd be really obvious if I got it from someone), and I did try and chat to him today but he was in a group of people and I seemed to get so shy and had to half run away.

I can't understand it because I'm usually so confident. :(

What should I do?

xxx
    Shauna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Its probably just the enviroment your in, you've only just moved to Galway, And the fact that each of you are getting slagged by your friends, probably gives you the impression, or awkward feeling that what you's did was wrong. Don't worry about it, the pair of you are just the flavour of the week, everything will blow over, and your confidence will return.
    Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sounds like you're in love or lust Shauna. Careful now.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

it was me you kissed ! didnt know you used boards ! jesus...I dont regret it...PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

i thought it was me but im not so sure any more galway is a big place

Advertisement