Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce2 problemo and DDR ram problemo

• 28-07-2003 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

i got some bits and pieces from a PC (interesting story about an east european pimp, there, but i'll spare you). anyway, i took two 128mb DDR ram thingies and a geforce2 graphics card.
    firstly, the graphics card wont fit. but that, i mean theres no slot in the computer to fit it into. i guess thats an unsolvable problem but i was hoping maybe there was something...

and the ram. the computer doesnt recognise it. do i need a new computer for it to work?

anyway, solutions would be t'rific.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

heh ... it might help if you could tell us what type of PC the stuff is going into ... or even the motherboard manufacturer and model ...

Chances are that the ram is actually not DDR ram and that is why your PC is not recognising it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by BigEejit
    heh ... it might help if you could tell us what type of PC the stuff is going into ... or even the motherboard manufacturer and model ...

Chances are that the ram is actually not DDR ram and that is why your PC is not recognising it ...

Nah they are different sizes and wouldn't go in otherwise - More than likely your board doesn't support the frequency or the ram is shocked.
    As for the grahics card it must be AGP because if it were PCI you would have slots. So you need a board that support AGP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by Chevano Riley
    i took two 128mb DDR ram thingies and a geforce2 graphics card.
    firstly, the graphics card wont fit. but that, i mean theres no slot in the computer to fit it into.

and the ram. the computer doesnt recognise it. do i need a new computer for it to work?

maybe try checking what kind of ram you have installed in your computer.
    And try removing your old graphics card the putting this one in. then you might have some room for it.

If you have no use use for it you can always sell it in the sell forum. and get some off your money back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    maybe try checking what kind of ram you have installed in your computer.If you have no use use for it you can always sell it in the sell forum. and get some off your money back :p
    i think i have sdram in my PC. does that mean it can never ever ever work?

and i didnt pay for it (part of the pimp story)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by Chevano Riley
    i think i have sdram in my PC. does that mean it can never ever ever work?

and i didnt pay for it (part of the pimp story)

But you said that you were using DDR ram up there :confused:, does your board support both SD and DDR? because if this is so you can only use either SD or DDR - BOth together won't work

• Advertisement
Advertisement