Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho Should Get Head Checked Out

• 28-07-2003 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

These were the words of Roy Keane on Ronaldinho after the Brazilan snubbed United for Barca.Ronaldinho was Uniteds No.1 target this summer but we failed again.We have now lost Carlos Queiroz,David Beckham,Kewell to Liverpool and Duff to Chelsea.Will we start the season without any big-name signing or will players like Dyer,Totti,Saviola and Aimar sign.Dyer has been heavily linked to United and Roma's finances are not the best with the club in debt of nearly £50 million.The same goes for Barcelona while Aimar has also been linked to the Premiership.I,for one just hopes that one of these sign this summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Roma are only in 50mill debt? Arent Real in 800million debt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Look at spain, hot, good soccer, and a championship thats wide open.... look at England! Man U every season, cept for the occasional Arsenal threat, Spain is a much more exiciting league, I would choose Barca over Man U anyday, plus the weather is better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

keane's comments on the "brazil nut" were idiotic
    the scum are certainly not the best team in the world

Did he claim United were the best team in the world, or Brazil? I must have missed his last couple of rants, I have totally lost interest in listening to him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    These were the words of Roy Keane on Ronaldinho after the Brazilan snubbed United for Barca.Ronaldinho was Uniteds No.1 target this summer but we failed again.We have now lost Carlos Queiroz,David Beckham,Kewell to Liverpool and Duff to Chelsea.Will we start the season without any big-name signing or will players like Dyer,Totti,Saviola and Aimar sign.Dyer has been heavily linked to United and Roma's finances are not the best with the club in debt of nearly £50 million.The same goes for Barcelona while Aimar has also been linked to the Premiership.I,for one just hopes that one of these sign this summer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH - oh dear God the laffs.

It's so hilarious to hear the likes of Roy Keane and indeed Manchester Utd supporters unable to understand why anyone would prefer Barcelona over Man Utd. Oh the helpless amazement, the 'how could he, the ugly buck toothed freak. I always said he was crap anyway'.

They might be able to get Dyer, maybe Aimar if they were very lucky but if you think Totti or Saviola would go to Utd then you're another Man U fan in a flippin' fantasy land.

Keep it up Brian, it makes the soccer board worth reading now and again :)

• Advertisement

Brian really does give off a terrbile impression of Utd fans. For gods sake...

Ronaldinho went to Barcelona because Man Utd didnt offer enough for him. Roy Keane is talkin ****. Man Utd are not the best club in the world...richest yes. Best...clearly not? Can they be the best club in the world? yes they can but they arent now. The best club in the world this year is AC Milan cos they won Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Whats all the fuss about?
    Ronaldinho turned down Utd for Barcelona.
    RVN turned down Barcelona for Utd.

It's all a matter of preference isn't it.
    I for one think Ronaldinho made a good choice in choosing Barcelona. By the way I support Utd. Brazilians (and South Americans) have generally excelled in Spain and with Barcelona.
    Think of Maradona, Romario and Ronaldo. They all came to Barcelona and excelled.

What South American has done anything in England never mind Manchester.

This is Ronaldinho's first big move so he should be conservative and go to a club and a culture that will help him to progress as a player. Spain and Barcelona have the history.
    England and Utd don't.

thats all well and good but its not the point. Utd did the sly one. They tried getting him on the cheap and failed. end of story.

Spain and south america have a great relationship, soccer and otherwise, and the climate is closer than mucky old England, if I were him I would have made the same decision, and whoever said it, hes not **** ya little monkey.... and hes bucktoothed!

Actually i probably would too. But its still Utd fault for not doing it. Kenyon and fergie got so cocky...

• Advertisement

Oh ye, and Ronaldinho is definitely NOT ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    or will players like Totti,Saviola and Aimar sign.

No. No they wont.

Seriously, the premiership is a very nice league and all, but I would prefer to live and play in Spain or Italy anyday... hell I would probably prefer to play in Argentina + or Brazil (I would have atleast a %0.1 chance of getting a game there :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i agree with every1 rony was right to go to barca and man u got cocky in response to ac milan best in the world they didnt win there own league and they still have to play boca juniors for that title(who did win there own league)

Full stops etc are handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Big Ears
    i agree with every1 rony was right to go to barca and man u got cocky in response to ac milan best in the world they didnt win there own league and they still have to play boca juniors for that title(who did win there own league)

I have to agree with Big Ears ... eh no I don't ... oh I don't know ... I couldn't make head nor tail of that :D

No really ... I have to say that it wasn't cockiness on the side of United that Ronaldinho didn't sign ... It's all down to Peter Kenyon ... that gobsh1te is really fcuking things up!!

Im clueless as to which one was responsible...what a joke though. The best up and coming midfielder...gone just like that.

Advertisement