Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Reid has gone to Blackburn

• 28-07-2003 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

4 year contract. good move. wonder where they'll play him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i hope they didn't buy him as cover for duffer, hes not that type a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

he can play on either flank and has done so for Millwall in the past. As an ireland fan i think its good news we need as many of our players as possible to be playing at the highest level.Reid should now be a prominent feature in irelands midfield along with Duff Healy and Holland.

I doubt he`ll fill duff shoes at blackburn but his potential is yet to be uncovered
    http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1860-1098422,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

good on him,although he is no duff he is definitely a player with talent and should have been in the prem. a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a great move. i can see that guy being a footballing superstar in years to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Same here,and i mean you might say he is no Duff,but he is 2 years youngers then Duffer and did you rate Duff as highly 2 years ago?I don't think anyone did. So basically i have my fingers crossed for Reid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

A very exciting prospect, just wonder if he will be in the first team or, a sub??...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Theres no doubt that its a good move for both Reid and Ireland. Another Irish player in the premiership can only be a good thing imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Hay that means a first team all from prem first teamers:
    given
    carr
    o shea
    cunningham
    harte
    reid
    carsley
    delap
    duff
    keane
    morrison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Swap Finnan for Harte and thats a really good team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Great move for Reid which should see him a regulars starter for Ireland.

As for the above lineup - its top notch except for Harte, so I agree with Skykeirl, stick Finnan in at left back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    Hay that means a first team all from prem first teamers:
    given
    carr
    o shea
    cunningham
    harte
    reid
    carsley
    delap
    duff
    keane
    morrison

no healy??????????

Delap and Carsley's form last season was excellent and Delap was in line for some accolades had he not been injured.

Healy hasn't played first team football, all very well for friendlies and weaker teams, but not against Russia or the Swiss.

I said a good while back in another thread that Sounes may take blackburn back to the glory days, and while they have lost Duff, Gillespie and Dunn, only Duff is a significant loss I feel. Emerton, Yelldell, Amoruso and Reid give them a better all round squad.

Originally posted by sykeirl
    I said a good while back in another thread that Sounes may take blackburn back to the glory days, and while they have lost Duff, Gillespie and Dunn, only Duff is a significant loss I feel. Emerton, Yelldell, Amoruso and Reid give them a better all round squad.

Me thinks your a blackburn fan dreaming, dunn and duff have not been replaced by equals not even close my friend.

Souness is a muppet

Originally posted by irish1
    no healy??????????

Well he did say a team of all premiership players, and Healy hasnt got a club yet ... so that would mean "no healy"! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

I thought this thread was about Steven Reid and not about Finnan and Healy not being in the starting 11 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

dont forget young andy reid !

he shall be a star of the future

Originally posted by ciano
    Well he did say

last time i checked i was a she

lol please accept my humble appologies! ;)

Originally posted by irish1
    Me thinks your a blackburn fan dreaming, dunn and duff have not been replaced by equals not even close my friend.

Souness is a muppet

Not at all.
    I'm not a Blackburn supporter in any way or shape and I'm not a fan of souness.

However, what he has done at blackburn is remarkable.

Emerton I think will slot into the team nicely and amouruso is a good aquisition. Reid is an excellent buy.

Can't replace Duff, but they have gotten the best value they could have for their money.

Do you have to check often?

• Advertisement

lol,

well ella was the thread starter and she posted the team Eron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by ciano
    Well he did say a team of all premiership players, and Healy hasnt got a club yet ... so that would mean "no healy"! ;)
    Healy is a Sunderland player now!
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=4961238&p=496yz84&n=4961326&x=

roffles, yiz are worse than CM4, tis all "Niamh has not been linked with this player. He said..." and "...fired. He was sacked when.."
    ahem i mean "Niamh is a great manager. He has been given €200 squillion just because he is brilliant"

and skyeirl : nah, usually get people to do that for me :p

and skyeirl : nah, usually get people to do that for me :p

But you're admitting that you do have to check....

;)

Originally posted by eireboy
    Healy is a Sunderland player now!
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=4961238&p=496yz84&n=4961326&x=

see here, its not done yet according to soccer sentral
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1028421#post1028421

Advertisement