Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Perfect Circle.

Options
  • 28-07-2003 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Just saw that some songs off A Perfect Circle's new album has been leaked. I wonder how this happens. Is it intentional by record companies to build hype. Cause Tool's latest album lateralus never leaked. And there is no record label intervention there. Maynard James Keenan usually has no time for **** like this. So I'm thinking it is a sourse and an illegal leak.... It's anice line up. There is a clip from the new songle onthe bands official website. Well worth checking out... His voice is getting better every time I hear it. IF POSSIBLE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah, I noticed that Maynard's voice constantly improves. It was brutal on Undertow...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

blasphemy!

apart from the poor recording quality (record company either paid less for recording, or got to say what songs went on the album, tool at least took the morally right option!) i think undertow is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I couldn't agree more... Maynard's singing has always been of the highest standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

its not that his voice got better its just they started doing more melodic songs which is just a better showcase for his amazing voice

whens the new APC album out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

"Thirteenth Step" is out on the 16th September in the US. If the album is planned for release in Europe that week aswell then expect it to be released in Ireland on the 12th of September.

Looking foward to this one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Do you know if any plans of then touring over here???

Unfortunetly, for the time being, they are only playing two UK shows (I think in Manchester and Nottingham) with a third supporting Deftones in London, as well as joining them for a European tour that doesn't include an irish date...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

maynards voice has always been ****ing surreal . on all undertow , lateralus , aenima etc etc and it is not different with APerfectCircle the tunes on that uterly blow you away and yus tool are my fav band :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Where is the info of their UK tour. I have heard this before but haven't seen it anywhere official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I don't know where you would find that out. They are supporting the deftones for one of them I think. The bad news is there not coming to Ireland. I would have thought their sales here would have waranted an appearance. Obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Don't get me wrong - I thought Maynard was good on Undertow - but nowhere near the quality that he now produces. He sounded like he was 12 (and deeply angry) on that album. Now he exudes class. I dunno what changed, but it was definitely for the best. I don't think anyone can deny that his voice has changed over the years, can they?

Anyway, it's just my opinion - not gospel. Feel free to disagree further!

Where is the info of their UK tour. I have heard this before but haven't seen it anywhere official.

www.aperfectcircle.com was recently updated with the European dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

i would have thought with tool playing her twice to very welcoming crowds APC would have turned up, its not fair though, my guitarist saw APC live in america over the summer (And they previewed new material!), AND Pigmy Love Circus supported (danny carey drums with them) - ACKS! NOT FAIR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

For anyone into A Perfect Circle/Tool then the soundtrack for the film Underworld features some remixes of APC's material.

Also Maynard Keenan and Danny Lohner (NIN) have a co written a song on the soundtrack. They were supposed to be working together along with Trent Reznor on a project called 'Tapeworm' but they never released anything. Trent Reznor was apparently not amused when A Perfect Circle played one of the unfinished songs on their last tour after Mer De Noms was released and from there things went downhill. The song on the soundtrack probably came from the 'Tapeworm' recording sessions.

Anywho theres more info here if anyones interested.

www.aperfectcircle.org

Advertisement